PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and the n900

sevla
2009-09-22, 17:08
What do you think the ebay market will be like for these phones. The hype seems to be pretty high and I'm just curious if we will see ridiculous prices on Ebay. I assume we will if there are shortages and people are unable to get them from onilne retailers.

What do you guys think?

ysss
2009-09-22, 17:25
I don't think there'll be shortage in the markets that they're available in (US, Europe)... but there'll be an Ebay market for it for people outside of US & Europe who wants to get an unlocked set through someone who accepts Paypal and would ship it internationally with an underdeclared custom form for a slight mark up.

allnameswereout
2009-09-22, 18:00
Hardware keyboard will make it less viable to buy internationally via markets such as eBay.

Laughing Man
2009-09-22, 21:01
Hardware keyboards will limit where you can sell it (as allnameswereout said)

And I don't see the n900 devices being popular enough yet for people to buy massive amounts of them and resell them online. The price is high enough as it is so their margins of profit would be small. You'd see more, people wanting you to help them buy it to get around tax or shipping rates :P

remister
2009-09-23, 00:57
I definitely sell mine, if it doesn't live up to the hype, on EBAY

dormant
2009-09-30, 17:16
People are already selling pre-ordered N900s on ebay. (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=n900&_sacat=See-All-Categories)

R-R
2009-09-30, 17:20
Hopefully we'll see some nice pouch/case pop-up quickly ...
I'm not putting my N900 in my pocket for a day until a get at least a screen protector, that's for sure!

choubbi
2009-09-30, 22:22
Hardware keyboard will make it less viable to buy internationally via markets such as eBay.

Or more.
I value the 4 distinct directional keys more than 2 keys of special characters. I wanted an AZERTY keybord on my N810, but if I get the N900, it'll be a QWERTY one. For French language it is just not worth the hassle to use directions on only 2 keys. The keyboard will still not have all the special letters I use (é, è, ê, ë, â, ô, î, ï, û, ü, ç, for example)

hfm
2009-09-30, 22:42
It doesn't make sense. Just pre-order it from Amazon. I don't see the availability of this being an issue. Usually ebay is only good for products that are very limited avail and people will overpay to get one. This phone, however good, is priced at a point where I don't think the uptake will overrun supply unless they are grossly under-supplying it.

Laughing Man
2009-10-01, 00:45
People are already selling pre-ordered N900s on ebay. (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=n900&_sacat=See-All-Categories)

They can try but I doubt they'd make a profit if at all. I see it turning out like the PS3, everyone thought it was going be like the Wii, sold out for months to years. Yet the PS3 was priced so high that few people bought it week one and even fewer paid for one via eBay.

daveb70
2009-10-01, 01:31
Hopefully we'll see some nice pouch/case pop-up quickly ...
I'm not putting my N900 in my pocket for a day until a get at least a screen protector, that's for sure!

Just hang it around your neck. Nokia bling! :D

Yes, if I get one before the market has case choices I will likely smother it in microfiber cloths, then bubble wrap it, and carry it in my CaseLogic hd case.