PDA

View Full Version : ''Permission Denied'' Problem In Transmission

joshv06
2009-09-26, 00:00
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my transmission torrent program. I start the torrent, then wait for like a minute, the torrent stops and I get this ''permission denied'' error. Have any of you encountered this and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

JayOnThaBeat
2009-09-26, 00:04
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my transmission torrent program. I start the torrent, then wait for like a minute, the torrent stops and I get this ''permission denied'' error. Have any of you encountered this and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Are you sure it's not maybe a private torrent, that requires a password or something?

joshv06
2009-09-26, 00:09
Are you sure it's not maybe a private torrent, that requires a password or something?

Yeah, I'm sure. It's a torrent site in Sweeden that is getting sued. Lol

joshv06
2009-09-26, 00:14
Do you have the save folder set to a card with enough space?

(I'm just tryin to throw some ideas out there, Transmission works perfectly on my N810, so I don't have any first-hand experience with the problem you're facing....)

Yeah there is enough space, I'm saving the downloaded files to the internal 2gb memory. I have 1.6gb available.

Thanks for helping btw.

qwerty12
2009-09-26, 07:37
AFAIK, this is a limitation with FAT: You can't save files bigger than 4GB and/or ones that exceed a certain length in name (I think)

NTFS is out of the question, so if you know how, use ext3 :)

kebauc
2009-10-09, 19:01
I am having the same problem, and found this -

http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtopic.php?p=25138&sid=3b45c712fefd7210595a70bbacebc5a2

But the directory I am saving to seems to have all possible permissions. (ls -l shows rwxrwxrwx, but I don't claim any real linux expertise)

Could the owner of the directory make a difference here?

kebauc
2009-10-09, 19:51
well, it seems that i found my problem. both memory cards have become read only. i have something new to learn now . . .

joshv06
2009-10-09, 20:34
well, it seems that i found my problem. both memory cards have become read only. i have something new to learn now . . .

Thanks for your input, I will see if that will fix mine.

Thanks

kebauc
2009-10-13, 14:16
For the record, reformatting both mmc1 and mmc2 fixed my problems.

SpideyBR
2011-10-25, 00:51
Sorry for bumping such an old thread. I had this issue just yesterday, messed with unmounting and remounting the mmc1 partition. Before remounting, even creating a new blank file with touch was impossible.
Remounted and tested again, could create files and symlinks, but as soon as I opened transmission, the file system entered on read only mode again.

I'm pretty sure that I've used transmission successfully before, but can't manage to use it again.