PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Photo Browser (3d tile thing)

joshua.maverick
2009-09-27, 09:32
Is this going ot be available on the n900?

pelago
2009-09-27, 12:04
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide a link?

allnameswereout
2009-09-27, 12:24
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide a link?http://betalabs.nokia.com/betas/view/nokia-photo-browser

christexaport
2009-09-27, 13:02
That was a concept app with little function but photo viewing. I think it should be easy to do the same thing on the N900, though, and possibly easier. I wish our gallery on the N900 had something like it.

lcuk
2009-09-27, 13:35
chris

it has one feature as well which is the effect I was trying to think of for widgets.
notice what happens to the grid of photos when the orientation changes!

(at 0:11)

i actually want to have widgets always pointing downwards no matter the orientation, but that shows the idea well.

really cool app, but waiting for the animated kinetics to finish would be a bit tedious

christexaport
2009-09-28, 04:50
lcuk, I see your point, but you forget the size of widgets isn't uniform, and the size of the tiles in Photo Browser are. Rotating a widget that is 495x220 wouldn't fit on the N900 in portrait, which is why I'd like a limitation of widget size or a widget portrait mode, one of the two.

joshua.maverick
2009-09-28, 16:33
That was a concept app with little function but photo viewing. I think it should be easy to do the same thing on the N900, though, and possibly easier. I wish our gallery on the N900 had something like it.

It also has sharing options, its the photo gallery, but a more interesting/interactive view.

Soulfarmer
2009-09-28, 17:51
lcuk, I see your point, but you forget the size of widgets isn't uniform, and the size of the tiles in Photo Browser are. Rotating a widget that is 495x220 wouldn't fit on the N900 in portrait, which is why I'd like a limitation of widget size or a widget portrait mode, one of the two.

I reckon if you want to limit widget size just for the sake of the portait mode, you will get even more oppostion against portait mode.

christexaport
2009-09-28, 18:15
I agree. I don't think its wise. I think someone mentioned a resize function built into Maemo, but I'm clueless. These suckers got a n....a reluctant to search for "resize" and ask there. Then I'll be "thread crapping and cross posting".

This forum is so fugazi its sad. All I need is some info, but there's a bunch of smart guys that think they're a knowledge oligarchy and don't care to help, and the rest are as clueless as I am.

Who knows about resizing of screen elements in Maemo? I should've expected it, since the dashboard is just resized screens. Maybe that's the key?