PDA

View Full Version : The difference between N900 US version and the Import version?

x61
2009-09-29, 14:23
I did a search on mobilecityonline.com for n900 and was provided with two different versions of the n900: The import and the US version.here (http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/search.asp?keywords=n900&Submit=Go). So what is the different?

Stetty
2009-09-29, 15:04
The wifi channels 1-11 in us and 1-13 Europe (except France) and possible KB layout

timwatt
2009-09-29, 15:31
I am also interested to know, in the past it used to be the 3G radio. I don't use 3G here in Canada or the US (it costs too much and Wifi is everywhere) but I use it extensively when i travel in Europe and Africa.

i just pre-orderd the n900 knowing the 3G radio was the same based on the specks on Nokias websites.

So any insight into what the real differences are?
I can live with differences "Stetty" pointed out but I cant live with out 3G in Europe or Africa.

thanks,
Tim.

NvyUs
2009-09-29, 15:43
theres no differernce they are same you can buy it from europe and use it on t-mobile 3G or buy it from US and use on european 3G networks,
theres no special n900 for US at this time which is reason why theres no 3G support for most the north american networks and its only for t-mobile usa 3G from what i understand, of couse you can still use it on any other network if u dont care about 3G and are happy with edge

fuzzbuzz
2010-02-04, 07:57
That's weird.

I noticed the MobileCityOnline thing as well. It's a difference of over $100 dollars. The keyboard layout is the same. In addition, I bought my N900 from the middle east. The keybaord has only english letters (exactly the same as the US version), and I was able to flash my phone with the US version firmware. So I guess they're exactly the same. (Maybe just where they were made? Mine is made in Korea).