PDA

View Full Version : Nokia charged my card this morning

Bruce
2009-10-04, 14:25
I just got a call from B of A fraud department to confirm that the charges were valid.

Maybe they will be shipping soon.

Hogwash
2009-10-04, 14:28
Don't do this to me dude... ;)

hypnotik
2009-10-04, 14:35
I just got a call from B of A fraud department to confirm that the charges were valid.

Maybe they will be shipping soon.

When did you place the order?

tissot
2009-10-04, 15:06
So is there anything happening? I have been refreshing this page for some time already ;)
Would be great if i could get it before i leave for 10 days trip to Asia, but i somehow doubt that.

ewagner
2009-10-04, 15:07
I think it is just the hold again. This has happened to me about three times now. When I first placed the pre-order they put a hold on the funds, then it was removed a week later, then came back, then removed, this morning the funds are held again. I made my pre-order on 9/13. The second time it happened I got excited and thought it was going to ship, but now no more excitement. Just need to keep waiting, it will come eventually. I sold my G1 about a month ago to help pay for this now Im stuck with a real crappy back up.

Oh yeah and i just checked my order status with Nokia and it still says the same "in progress" no mention of ship date or anything else that is different from the last hundred times that i have checked it.

ysss
2009-10-04, 15:39
Was it your order or did you just authorized B of A to pay for someone else's N900? ;)

spinnukur
2009-10-04, 18:32
Don't do this to me dude... ;)

I don't think my heart can take anymore...please say you're serious and not joking... :(:(:(:(:(:(

Hogwash
2009-10-04, 19:37
I don't think my heart can take anymore...please say you're serious and not joking... :(:(:(:(:(:(

My sentiments exactly :)

zkyevolved
2009-10-04, 21:22
Mine still says "still hasn't shipped yet" :(

Bruce
2009-10-04, 21:48
I preordered Sep 24th so I should not be at the beginning of the line. My order status still says in progress. I did not ask if it was a charge or a hold when B of A called. I am surprised they would call about a hold.

rdcinhou
2009-10-05, 00:12
Don't get your hopes up!

This is exactly what happened when I pre-ordered the Nokia N97 from NokiaUSA.

The "trial" charge is to see that there really is a valid credit account and that it has the room on it.

If you pre-ordered with Amex, they do it every 10 days.

ewagner
2009-10-05, 00:20
I was called because of a hold, from capital one fraud department, regarding the pre-order of n900.

Faz
2009-10-05, 02:07
Don't get your hopes up!

This is exactly what happened when I pre-ordered the Nokia N97 from NokiaUSA.

The "trial" charge is to see that there really is a valid credit account and that it has the room on it.

If you pre-ordered with Amex, they do it every 10 days.

Sounds the same or equivalent to a Visa / Mastercard "pre-auth" pre-authorising the card details to ensure they're valid and reserving the funds The merchant then has upto 7 days to complete the transaction and debit the funds after this time the pre-auth expires and the reserved funds becomes available.

Bratag
2009-10-05, 13:55
Looks like my American express did the same thing. Put a hold on it because they thought it was a possible fraud. Called them, then called Nokia who confirmed it was just a reservation charge - marking sure that capacity was there to accept the final charge. No money actually changed hands.

Also asked the guy jokingly when it was going to ship and without hesitation he said Mid October. No BS about we think it will ship yadda yadda yadda.

So if I had to make a guess I would say get your fingers ready kids, because looks like we will be typing on a new phone before end of month definitely.

Soulfarmer
2009-10-05, 13:57
The pre-order that I made but cancelled because of a change of shopping place, I would have paid the device not until I either pick it up from the store or have it delivered. No hassle about fund reserving :)

dimes
2009-10-05, 16:45
Count me in as charged also.

hypnotik
2009-10-05, 16:54
Like wise... I see an authorization on my amex blue account - credit limit reduced appropriate amount, but no actual charge on my recent activity statement.

spinnukur
2009-10-05, 19:22
Looks like my American express did the same thing. Put a hold on it because they thought it was a possible fraud. Called them, then called Nokia who confirmed it was just a reservation charge - marking sure that capacity was there to accept the final charge. No money actually changed hands.

Also asked the guy jokingly when it was going to ship and without hesitation he said Mid October. No BS about we think it will ship yadda yadda yadda.

So if I had to make a guess I would say get your fingers ready kids, because looks like we will be typing on a new phone before end of month definitely.

But, but, I don't want it then...i want it NAO!:o:o:o:o:o

toratoko
2009-10-05, 19:28
My bank removed the credit they gave back to me :( I'm currently charged twice

Bratag
2009-10-05, 22:42
But, but, I don't want it then...i want it NAO!:o:o:o:o:o

I called nokia again just to double check that my order was still ok (paranoid I know) the lady I spoke to said that the order was fine and according to a memo she was given just this morning Nokia might be shipping the phone THIS WEEK. Nothing certain but she said they were notified that they were going to try.

Take from that what you will.

Ps: my cc still has the auth charge against it.

Alex Atkin UK
2009-10-05, 23:01
Crikey, I regularly pre-order things that I would not have enough money in my account to pay for until launch day. Fortunately when I ordered the N900 I did have but as I did not go direct to Nokia the hold was only on my account for a day or so. I do not expect it to go back on until ready to ship.

In my case though the hold was due to the credit check with it being a new contract.

blackbox
2009-10-07, 14:54
I noticed today that I have been charged for a 3rd time in less than 1 week from Nokia. Usually its been 1 every 4 to 5 days. This is odd. Do you guys think that they will be shipping soon?

wmarone
2009-10-07, 15:08
I hope so. Nokia's had a charge for the full price on my account since the 3rd. Not a problem, but I want to see it clear and have a shipping notice pop up in my e-mail :D