PDA

View Full Version : didnt get all that should be in the box

brendan
2006-12-01, 23:58
i bought the last 770 that i could find in a CompUSA. it was a managers special, open-box display unit that was deeply discounted. i actually had to go back to the store and get the power cord out of the display.

a few of the things that didnt come with the unit are:

additional stylus' (only have one)
stand
usb connector
headphones
soft case
cd

I am not really concerned with any thing other than the stand and maybe the soft case. any ideas where i can pick these up from? i really like the idea of the stand (or the aluminum one i see in a few photos here) and i would like to have the case so i dont scratch my baby up.

Vinh
2006-12-02, 02:06
Soft case? I don't think that's standard. Are you missing the slide-over aluminum cover perhaps?

You might want to look into this:

http://www.boxwave.com/products/armorcase/armor-case-nokia-770_1139.htm

It's nicer. Or if you prefer leather...

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=1868&t_mode=des

Also, while you're at BoxWave's site, get one sheet of their protective clear
screen film for the screen. It'll save you from scratches.

SeRi@lDiE
2006-12-02, 05:52
i bought the last 770 that i could find in a CompUSA. it was a managers special, open-box display unit that was deeply discounted. i actually had to go back to the store and get the power cord out of the display.

a few of the things that didnt come with the unit are:

additional stylus' (only have one)
stand
usb connector
headphones
soft case
cd

I am not really concerned with any thing other than the stand and maybe the soft case. any ideas where i can pick these up from? i really like the idea of the stand (or the aluminum one i see in a few photos here) and i would like to have the case so i dont scratch my baby up.

From the Nokia Site

Packege Content

* Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
* 2 stylus pens
* Pouch
* Battery (BP-5L)
* Travel charger (AC-4)
* 64 MB RS-MMC memory card
* Connectivity cable DKE-2 (USB)
* Headphones (HS-61)
* Desk stand DT-7
* User guide
* Quick start guide

You dont get a CD and the soft case is a pouch.

Milhouse
2006-12-02, 09:43
The cable is just a USB-to-miniUSB cable
The headphones are pretty rubbish, to be honest
Soft case - I've never bothered with mine, the hard case is better
CD - download all you need from nokia.com/maemo.org

Your biggest loss in my opinion is the spare stylus and stand - is the latter still in the display case? Or it could have been thrown away by someone thinking it was part of the packaging... Nokia spares may be your best bet. :(

Hedgecore
2006-12-02, 14:54
Depending on how cheap you got it, you might just get a picture frame holder and use it as a case. They have little ones with hinges in the middle so they fold down. The stand is two rubber 'L' shaped things that slide into eachother and look the same as a picture stand. I'd just spend the 75¢. If you're missing the aluminum cover, that's a big thing. My 770 would be a paperweight with a billion scratches on it if I was missing that.

brendan
2006-12-02, 15:26
i have the metal cover that slides on the device. couldnt get by without it. the soft case, or pouch is the one that i am missing. i would like to have that so i could put the 770 into a bag and not worry about scratches to the outside of the device.

the stand that comes with it has a certain amount of "engineering" put into it, as it has to hold the device high enough off the surface the stand is on for the power cord to fit, and maybe the usb. any old plate stand may not be adequate, although it will have to be tested.

not having the extra stylus could be a pain in the butt if i lose the one i have, but i think i can order them off the site. also, the usb cable is no loss, as i have 3 other 6 foot long ones for psp, ipod or cell phone, and short one that came with the psp combo pack.