PDA

View Full Version : [Sandbox] Editing posts on talk.maemo.org should bump the thread

josh
2009-12-07, 20:45
http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/view/editing_posts_on_talk-maemo-org_should_bump_the_thread

When starting a thread, it represents a fairly common forum practice to edit the initial post in the thread to contain the current status or similar. However, doing so does not bump the thread; thus, to make the thread visible again, the initial poster would have to additionally post a new message to the thread with the same information (or a reference to the newly edited initial post).

I've proposed two solutions: either editing any post in the thread should bump the thread, or editing the initial post should bump the thread. I suspect the latter will work better. Either way, it would also help to have a "minor edit" checkbox, so people can fix typos and such without bumping the thread.

qgil
2009-12-08, 21:06
This one might be quite simple: if the forum contemplates this possibility then we might discuss about implementing it. If not, then you need to convince first the developers of this forum (see footer).

Texrat
2009-12-08, 21:37
FYI, Quim, this is actually along the lines of the probiotic ("good spam") solution I was referring to in Amsterdam for improving signal-to-noise. There is more but I will comment in the more appropriate thread with that.