PDA

View Full Version : Random vibrations on N900

m3lv1n
2009-12-15, 13:27
I got my first N900 swapped out due to random restarts and is now on my second one, feel like I am running out of luck here :-)

My N900 now and then vibrates with no obvious reason, it can lay on the table not being used and not receiving any sms or anything and then bzzz it vibrates a half<>whole second or so. It dont happen so often but maybe upto a dozen times per day.

Also when surfing the web (wifi or 3g) the browser sometimes seem to get stuck and then the phone vibrates insanely for 2-3 seconds before the n900 restarts itself. No keys/screen etc works once this happens. This havent happend so often but was similar on the previous phone I returned.

Had a few times that screen update (desktop) seemed slow/lagging and phone restarted, maybe related to the browsing error ? (phone gets too much todo so it restarts?)

Being a computer techie I done the basic error elimination checks, unplugged the memory card (8gb sandisk), no other apps where installed etc. Tested with no wifi on vs 3g only etc.

Cant say I find any other logic in this than either theres SW bugs or hw failure, hopefully the first rather than the later.

I browsed this forum up and down but cant say I gotten much smarter by that, yet :-)

Anyone got some suggestions ?

steady
2009-12-15, 13:32
Your N900 is mad because you didint touch it some time, that is why its vibrate. Phone have feelings too.

OK, really i donīt have any idea.

Fargus
2009-12-15, 13:45
Could it be that you have a second hand phone and the previous owner had a 'pleasure by text' enhancement installed? LOL

Seriously though - that's rather rough getting two in a row - call to Nokia I Suspect to call in the seconed lemon in a row (Does 3 in a row payout like the one armed bandit?).

m3lv1n
2009-12-15, 14:08
Could it be that you have a second hand phone and the previous owner had a 'pleasure by text' enhancement installed? LOL

Seriously though - that's rather rough getting two in a row - call to Nokia I Suspect to call in the seconed lemon in a row (Does 3 in a row payout like the one armed bandit?).

Looked factory fresh so I doubt that "plugin" where installed :P

Hopefully its some sw issue thats fixable by patch, question is how-when-what.

The ackward part of this is that this is an high end highly spoken about device, that I am supposed to talk warm about and recommend others to buy. Atm I am just dodging those questions from potential clients :p

ndi
2009-12-15, 16:49
Never had the problem. It sometimes buzzes oddly when used, maybe due to the CPU being used and it sometimes buzzes with touch for a bout a quarter of a second, maybe half, no more. But never alone. Return?

RevdKathy
2009-12-15, 19:06
Ae you sure it's not receiving email? I have my n900 set

a) to switch straight to wifi when I get home
b) to retrieve email every 30 minutes when on wifi.

With those settings, if I forget to change the profile back to normal when I get home, n900 vibrates when it receives email. It usually alerts me to change the profile as I don't need it silent in the evening.

hm88
2009-12-15, 19:10
it did me too the first day using it. now no more.
it rebooted several times the first week. since yesterday, no more.

romanianusa
2009-12-15, 19:34
Mine doesn't vibrate even if i set it to vibrate...i don't know what's goin on. Nokia need to come out with the new firmware to fix this. Also the app manager is too slow....FIX IT!

m3lv1n
2009-12-15, 22:43
Never had the problem. It sometimes buzzes oddly when used, maybe due to the CPU being used and it sometimes buzzes with touch for a bout a quarter of a second, maybe half, no more. But never alone. Return?

Same I noticed when using it to surf the internet and page seem to halt/stop loading , all the sudden everything freezes and it vibrates tops half a second before restarts. Since its bit random when it does it I cant really say its the surfing, stressed cpu or what goes on. Luckily it dont happen often enough to be a real pain yet.

m3lv1n
2009-12-15, 22:49
Ae you sure it's not receiving email? I have my n900 set

a) to switch straight to wifi when I get home
b) to retrieve email every 30 minutes when on wifi.

With those settings, if I forget to change the profile back to normal when I get home, n900 vibrates when it receives email. It usually alerts me to change the profile as I don't need it silent in the evening.

Thanks,

First time it happend I was thinking the same thing, yippi mail ... but nope no mail, no sms, no IM. Next I was thinking about bad / loose memory card so I unplugged it to test, then I tested without wifi. Neither improved anything, then again it didnt make it worse either :-)

For now it seem to have "relaxed" again, been like 5h+ since last time it woke up by itself. Kinda interesting :-)