PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble changing backgrounds?

Chapbass
2009-12-16, 22:41
Hey all, I finally got my n900 late last night, have to say im LOVING it. Been playing around with it all day.

Earlier today I changed the background from the default nokia splash to a custom one from the n900wallpapers.com site.

Now, one potential issue is that I didn't use the .desktop file, I just changed the picture file to the one in my images dir.

Everything was fine, until I went to change the background again. Now, when I go to the "change background" option in the desktop setup menu (the gear icon from the desktop), it just refreshes all my icons and never comes up with anything to change the background images.

As far as addons that I've installed, everything is from extras besides Haze, which is in devel right now, but I wouldn't think would affect this as its just a messaging app.

Anyone with any ideas? I tried searching a bit on the forums, didnt come up with much but i wasnt positive on what to search for.

Thanks all! Glad to finally be part of this community!

n900evangelist
2009-12-17, 00:14
i'm having exactly the same problem...lets see who can help us.
tks

RevdKathy
2009-12-17, 08:17
Full explanation and walk-thru in this thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36263&page=2)

We're getting a page together on creating/using loopable wallpapers for the wiki. :)

Chapbass
2009-12-17, 17:05
Ahhh, didn't realize that it had something to do with the loopable wallpapers thread, didnt even think of looking in there.

Thanks Kathy!