PDA

View Full Version : word completion by nudge

G_Gus
2009-12-17, 12:36
I find the predictive input to be perfectible, as I have to stop typing, and press the right arrow (down in that corner so far away).

I thought that it could be easier to confirm the predicted word just by nudging the device, like tilting it a bit to the right.

What do you think of this proposal?

p.s. I tried in many ways but I couldn't get logged in to the brainstorm. it doesn't recognise my username G_Gus. This is why I am not able to add a brainstorm thingie in here.

benny1967
2009-12-17, 12:37
I'd be happy if I had word prediction at all - in the browser. :(

Rob1n
2009-12-17, 12:38
You need to create a new account in Brainstorm (as you do in Bugzilla) - there's currently (at least) 3 separate accounts systems on maemo.org.

chemist
2009-12-17, 12:41
I find the predictive input to be perfectible, as I have to stop typing, and press the right arrow (down in that corner so far away).

I thought that it could be easier to confirm the predicted word just by nudging the device, like tilting it a bit to the right.

What do you think of this proposal?

p.s. I tried in many ways but I couldn't get logged in to the brainstorm. it doesn't recognise my username G_Gus. This is why I am not able to add a brainstorm thingie in here.

the brainstorm is inside of midgard and needs you to register again, your current login is only for the forums (talk), midgard covers all the rest but bugtracker (this is another login but the last! they are working on single login but its still WIP there)

G_Gus
2009-12-17, 13:20
I did register on the brainstorm page (link in top right, isn't it?) , days ago, with same username G_Gus and it doesn't work. Maybe it's because of the underscore? I tried logging in with every combination of capitals in username. And the brainstorm registration now is so slow it times out, so I cannot re-register. And on top of that, Opera denies opening the https page, because it says the secure connection is not secure enough / malformed. Phew!

Still.. what about my idea of having the word inserted by nudging the device? wouldn't it be cool? :)

Rob1n
2009-12-17, 15:07
After registering you should have been sent an email with a link to confirm registration. And yes, the site is _very_ slow - I had to use Firefox to register the other day as it has a longer default timeout than Opera does.

As for the idea - yes, sounds great! It'd need to be configurable though (otherwise when you're on a bus/train you could end up writing total garbage).

eiffel
2009-12-17, 16:04
what about my idea of having the word inserted by nudging the device? wouldn't it be cool? :)
Yes, and it would be even cooler if nudging it the other way would cycle through a list of possible word completions.

Regards,
Roger

cgarvie
2009-12-17, 16:11
After registering you should have been sent an email with a link to confirm registration. And yes, the site is _very_ slow - I had to use Firefox to register the other day as it has a longer default timeout than Opera does.

As for the idea - yes, sounds great! It'd need to be configurable though (otherwise when you're on a bus/train you could end up writing total garbage).

and we could have weekly competition for the worst sentance that traveling caused