PDA

View Full Version : transfer files from phone over bluetooth in cli

cybe
2006-12-24, 11:20
Is it possible to transfer files from a phone over bluetooth in the linux command line interface? is the phone somewhere in /dev? can one mount it somewhere? Then one could for instance install a webserver on the N770, snap a pic with ones camera phone and it would immediately be available on the server =)

freeman
2006-12-24, 12:18
I don't know how, from the CLI, but you should be able to get the files from the phone w/in the GUI, well atleast from my Nokia sybian phone anyway.

jurop88
2006-12-24, 16:40
there is an openobex server implementation in maemo applications. I lost my last 2 days googling and trying to know something more about bluetooth because I have a new cell phone and there was no way to convince my 770 to browse files in it :(, inspite of the implementation of the FTP BT profile in the phone
I made lots of test, if you think we can try do discuss about that!

cow_racer
2006-12-25, 22:49
Go to file manager, click on phone. Select the file you want to copy, press and hold the pen until it gives you a popup menu. Choose copy. Then select a directory you want to copy the file to. Select that directory, press the pen until a menu come up and select past. Copying over bluetooth is quite slow.

cybe
2006-12-28, 07:44
Thanks Cowracer, I already knew that. What I wondered was how to do it in the Command Line Interface (CLI); which means doing it by typing or by a script instead of using the graphical user interface (GUI).

Yes, Bluetooth 1 is quite slow.