PDA

View Full Version : flashmovies os 2006

XeQtoR
2007-01-03, 15:17
Is it possible with the os update 2006 to watch movies from youtube already?

I just tried it on my wii using the Opera browser. And it works great. I was wondering if the 770 got this upgrade with the new os aswell?

(ps: I made this post with the Wii aswell, Opera on Wii is great! ) :)

aflegg
2007-01-03, 18:03
No, not whilst you're online unless you use mplayer or VidConvert (http://www.bleb.org/services/vidconvert/).

Offline you can use any of the the video encoders (http://maemo.org/maemowiki/VideoEncoding).

HTH,

Andrew

Hedgecore
2007-01-03, 19:11
Xeqtor: Opera on the Wii is awesome. I noticed YouTube was a little problematic but that seems to have disappeared. I love lying in bed and browsing, it even beats the 770 I'm sorry to say.

I wonder what Opera is running off of OS-wise where Flash can be implemented?

XeQtoR
2007-01-04, 18:22
I can agree, Opera on Wii is awsome.

My hopes were it was going to be the same experience on the n770. If that was the case i've would have bought it instantly.

I guess i will be waiting MWSF 2007 first. And keep my fingers crossed that Apple may think the time is right to make a portable internet device. But then again my hopes are not that high. (Oh would i be happy if they made something like a Newton with the internet tools we need these days)

dhausle
2007-01-05, 05:03
Any recommendations on the best format or methods for video playback of long files from the memory card. I'm trying to put one hour programs or movies on the 770 and play them. I've got room on my 2gb card but no good results yet.
Shot clips are hit and miss. Long clips, no success yet.

Suggestions??

Juise
2007-01-10, 16:35
I've used the 770-encode.pl script to encode/transcode videos for playback with MPlayer. For example: 770-encode --preset=mplayer input.avi output.avi. You'll obviously need (Active)Perl installed for the script to work. Mencoder does the actual work, and I've used the (Windows) version available at CCCP Project's forum (CCCP Alternative MPlayer Build).

hemplacrosse4
2007-01-12, 03:19
Hey guys quick question you say you can watch youtube on the 770 if you use the VidConvert site well i went to the site put the URL of the video i wanted to watch then it takes me to a page that says Please wait it loads something but nothing comes up what am i doing wrong?

aleksandyr
2007-01-12, 07:05
MaemoTube is rounding the corner on a release: you'll be able to copy/paste watch links from YouTube or search YouTube using it, and it will download the video and load MPlayer for you.

aflegg
2007-01-12, 09:02
Hey guys quick question you say you can watch youtube on the 770 if you use the VidConvert site well i went to the site put the URL of the video i wanted to watch then it takes me to a page that says Please wait it loads something but nothing comes up what am i doing wrong?

Perhaps asking on a forum rather than emailing the author direct?

Email me with the URL you were trying to convert and *exactly* what you saw in terms of messages. Could it have been you were in the queue and the backlog meant you gave up before your results?

What happens if you go back to the status page for your video now?

Alternatively you could try resubmitting the video, the queue is currently empty.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

hemplacrosse4
2007-01-12, 16:12
Ok i think i understand it now. See I put the URL in and its the same for any URL i put it in. Your right i think i just have to wait for the queue to be open because when it does bring me to the please wait screen i see "Your video is in the queue, there are currently 16 items in the queue. Please check again shortly; this page should reload in 10 seconds." So i guess i just wait?

aflegg
2007-01-12, 16:30
Yep, that's right.

If it's not clear, I'd appreciate any suggestions you've got on language. A graph showing the busy times and current queue sizes is available:

http://badger.bleb.org/mrtg/vidconvert.html

The average queue size is 2, so 16's quite high!

Note also that the number is the size of the queue, not your position in it: so if the number goes up, don't worry, you're still moving towards the head.