PDA

View Full Version : [proposal pending] incoming call enhancement

bugelrex
2010-01-11, 23:26
When an incoming call comes in, you will see the phone number if the person is not in your contacts..

A nifty enhacement would be to use in-built wildcard rules to show more info about the caller. Eg in-built rules for USA

Show extra info:
415* => San Francisco, CA
415444* => Richmond, San Francisco, CA

Fargus
2010-01-11, 23:30
When an incoming call comes in, you will see the phone number if the person is not in your contacts..

A nifty enhacement would be to use in-built wildcard rules to show more info about the caller. Eg in-built rules for USA

Show extra info:
415* => San Francisco, CA
415444* => Richmond, San Francisco, CA

It wouldn't work in the UK for cellphone numbers and would require regular updates for STD codes too.

chemist
2010-01-11, 23:57
My Siemens Gigaset does lookup numbers with klickTel (for Germany) and other online provider of phonebooks.

Please create a brainstorm item and link it to your starting post.

Read through my signature for a start.

hartti
2010-01-11, 23:59
It would not give useful information in US either, as people keep the same cell phone number and move around. I have a friend for example whose phone number starts with 415 (San Francisco) but that person lives in Palo Alto (should really have a 650 phone number).

Hartti

hartti
2010-01-12, 00:03
Oh yes, when you do a google search with 415 444, you will get some locations back
http://www.google.com/search?q=415+444
but as I said above, this information is misleading (you have no way knowing if that information is valid or not for a specific phone number)

Hartti

Bec
2010-01-12, 12:02
Guys, please create a brainstorm and post the link here.
It's up to you if you want this function or not.