PDA

View Full Version : [Proposal pending] Searching for applications

real_per
2010-01-14, 23:24
The number of applications in the repositories are rising quickly, and after enabling more of them on my N900, I think that it will quickly get VERY confusing, to find applications, even with the sub-categories in the app-manager.
Right now, I can't search for an application on my N900, and on Maemo.org, I can only search by name, something that makes it quite difficult to find apps, that might be of interest for me.

Couldn't the tag system which is in place here at talk.maemo.org, be copied to the downloads section ?

*The author of an application could create some basic tags for the application, and users could provide more, which would either be moderated by the author, or by other users via a voting system (thumbs up/down).

*Users could also link applications, to one another, so "recommended" apps would show up when a user is browsing for apps.

*This system could also benefit the application manager on the N900, where users would be able to search for applications using keywords, instead of just scrolling through the ever increasing lists.

Cernunnos
2010-01-15, 00:27
Upper bar in app manager, press search!

chemist
2010-01-15, 00:31
Please create a brainstorm item:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/create/default/

and read the links in my signature.