PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Keyboards on the N800?

frethop
2007-01-16, 20:28
Has anyone gotten external Bluetooth keyboards to work on the N800?

I have a Think Outside Stowaway keyboard -- which worked amazingingly well on my 770. I got my N800 yesterday...and my keyboard is not recognized. The N800 sees the keyboard and lists it as an external device. But it does not hook it up like on the 770.

Do I need the BT plug-in again? I thought I did not have to add that for the N800.

Any clues? Thanks!

-F

penguinbait
2007-01-16, 21:01
Is bluetooth turned on? Did you pair it already? Go to bluetooth in the Control Panel and turn on bluetooth and pair it. My SU-W8 worked great, although it is Nokia!!

mars
2007-01-16, 21:12
Other forum posts report that bad things happen if you use the 770 BT-plugin on a 800.

For the stowaway keyboard,

First go to control panel, select hardware keyboard and choose Generic 105 key PC.

Then go to control panel, bluetooth devices (then devices - new) and try to pair (doing the simultaneous control Fn-green Fn-blue on the keyboard).

Mine paired just fine.

frethop
2007-01-17, 02:10
Bummer.

In my case, the keyboard displays blinking lights -- the indication of "searching". The N800 displays the authentication/pairing dialog. When I click "OK", the keyboard light immediately shuts off. When I make the keyboard search again, the N800 immediately declared authentication has failed.

Something's obviously not right between them. But there's very little to configure! Help!

-F

frethop
2007-01-17, 02:27
OK. I'm a dork. I was not properly typing in the passcode. Once I got the passcode in and the Enter key...everything nicely paired up.

Thanks for your help!

-F