PDA

View Full Version : Theme making; where is date's font colour for calendar widget stored?

d-iivil
2010-01-18, 12:57
Yeah, I'm working on a nice steel-theme on top of Digital life and I cannot seem to find where the hell is calendar widget's font color for date stored.

I've gone through every non-png-file from beta-folder and still the damn calendar widget shows dates in orange-color.

Any ideas?

Lacedaemon
2010-01-18, 13:05
You mean the one that displays the date in orange?(on digital nature)
If so, it should be #f47500 found in css/colors.css, colors.config, gtk-2.0/gtkrc

Note that it will also change the color on the status area etc.

d-iivil
2010-01-18, 13:13
You mean the one that displays the date in orange?(on digital nature)
If so, it should be #f47500 found in css/colors.css, colors.config, gtk-2.0/gtkrc

Note that it will also change the color on the status area etc.

Funny thing is I've gone through those files and set that orange to what ever I wanted and the date is still shown orange on the widget :-P

Could the color be hardcoded to calendar widget itself somewhere?

d-iivil
2010-01-18, 13:18
Here's a screenshot. I want to change those orange dates into color I want.

Lacedaemon
2010-01-18, 13:26
I don't think it is coded in the widget. I am pretty sure it's the one I told you.
Just make sure you edit all the 3 files to be having the same color codes.

generationally
2010-01-18, 13:29
Changing the configuration files like Lacedaemon mentioned has worked for me.

I have swapped all the orange colours in Digital Nature to green and it works also for the calendar widget. I'm not sure which of the 3 different configuration files, the calendar widget actually gets its font colour info from though. Did you remember to modify all 3 of the files?

d-iivil
2010-01-18, 13:31
I don't think it is coded in the widget. I am pretty sure it's the one I told you.
Just make sure you edit all the 3 files to be having the same color codes.

I did edit those earlier, but I got it working now by doing this:
- deleting the whole "beta" folder and all files in it
- copying the whole customised "beta" folder in it's place

So just overwriting the existing files didn't work (dunno why, I didn't get any errors when overwriting the stuff).

andrewfblack
2010-01-18, 13:42
are you over writting them while the theme is in use that causes some problems. Also are you just editing each file? you really should look into doing themes one of the proper ways to make it easier for you and everyone who wants to use your theme.

d-iivil
2010-01-18, 13:47
are you over writting them while the theme is in use that causes some problems. Also are you just editing each file? you really should look into doing themes one of the proper ways to make it easier for you and everyone who wants to use your theme.

Ofcourse I'm not overwriting the files while the theme is still in use :)

And since theme maker doesn't seem to create .deb-files anyway I desided to create a silver-version of Digital Life just for my own personal use.

andrewfblack
2010-01-18, 14:04
Ofcourse I'm not overwriting the files while the theme is still in use :)

And since theme maker doesn't seem to create .deb-files anyway I desided to create a silver-version of Digital Life just for my own personal use.

OK, there are other ways to do themes besides theme maker also :)

d-iivil
2010-01-18, 16:22
OK, there are other ways to do themes besides theme maker also :)

Yes there are, but I though it would be a lot easier to start with checking out and modifying existing themes than from the scratch...

aniMAL_
2010-01-18, 20:10
Which PNG is the correct one for the Menu button (6 squares, top left)

It doesn't jump out to me as being obvious.

Lacedaemon
2010-01-18, 20:23
Should be wmTaskLauncherIcon.png

d-iivil
2010-01-19, 12:43
Okay, I started to work on my completely own steel-theme with Theme Maker and I have only (!) one guestion:
how can I get rid off that shadow from texts that Theme Maker is putting visible by default? For example the text that says Contact's name on home page contact-widget or the text that is appearing on horizontal notification bar.

Lacedaemon
2010-01-19, 12:53
Could you post a screenshot?

d-iivil
2010-01-19, 13:48
Could you post a screenshot?

Sure, later tonight :)

It seems the shadow color comes from SecondaryTextColor-variable.

Lacedaemon
2010-01-19, 14:09
Yeah that's what I thought, also.

d-iivil
2010-01-19, 18:55
Yeah that's what I thought, also.
But I'd like to get rid of the whole shadow from all texts. Might it be possible by editing something manually afterwards?

Lacedaemon
2010-01-19, 19:14
Not sure about that. Why don't you take the default theme's codes and then change them?
As far as I know the default one has no shadows?

d-iivil
2010-01-19, 20:11
Not sure about that. Why don't you take the default theme's codes and then change them?
As far as I know the default one has no shadows?
well... I didn't want to use default theme's source because I'd like to make this theme available for public when it's finished.

I got it sorted out by looking the original's gtk-file though ;)

http://i1.aijaa.com/t/00116/5597565.t.png (http://www.aijaa.com/v.php?i=5597565.png)

http://i1.aijaa.com/t/00041/5597608.t.png (http://www.aijaa.com/v.php?i=5597608.png)

http://i1.aijaa.com/t/00444/5597619.t.png (http://www.aijaa.com/v.php?i=5597619.png)

Something little still needs to be tweaked, but in the meantime someone could tell me how can I optify my theme and how to create a deb-package of it?

Currently I've just copied my theme-files into /usr/share/themes/mytheme -folder and I want to optify and pack it up before I release it.

Lacedaemon
2010-01-19, 21:06
This is what I did:

Created a theme with Theme Maker.
Replaced the images with mine/fixed bugs.
dpkg -b themefolder
themefolder should include DEBIAN/opt subfolders.

d-iivil
2010-01-20, 10:15
This is what I did:

Created a theme with Theme Maker.
Replaced the images with mine/fixed bugs.
dpkg -b themefolder
themefolder should include DEBIAN/opt subfolders.

Okay... I'm almost done with the theme and just to make clear this packagin I'd like to ask if this is what I'm supposed to do:

- create folder on the N900, let's call it "theme"
- copy DEBIAN & opt -folder into folder created in step 1

Now I should have a struckture like this:
/home/user/MyDocs/theme
>> DEBIAN
>> opt

Then shall I browse to /home/user/MyDocs and type this into terminal:
dpkg -b theme

And that's really all? It creates a package that has optified version of theme inside?

Thanks for the help :)

d-iivil
2010-01-20, 12:44
Okay... I cannot create a .deb-package. I get following error:
dpkg-deb: control directory has bad permission 777 (must be >=0755 and <=0775)

So I tried to CHMOD 775 these:
/home/user/MyDocs/theme
/home/user/MyDocs/theme/DEBIAN
/home/user/MyDocs/theme/opt

But I still get the same error. I'm not sure what control directory is meaning on that error msg. Help?

Lacedaemon
2010-01-20, 12:56
You can bypass these by fakeroot, although I have no idea how to do that.
I packaged mine in Ubuntu(virtual).

d-iivil
2010-01-20, 12:59
You can bypass these by fakeroot, although I have no idea how to do that.
I packaged mine in Ubuntu(virtual).

Okay.. Maybe I'll try to pack it up within Ubuntu then :)

Edit: I successfully managed to package it in Ubuntu. Now.. can I somehow test the package before actually installing it? I don't want to brick my N900 while testing the first-ever-deb-package-made-by-myself :P

andrewfblack
2010-01-20, 13:16
Easiest way to make a theme would be to follow this site. Stskeeps is still working on the template package some with the help of a few theme designers including me and its what the lastest maemo-org is done with. It will give you an optified source package when done. More options will be added soon.

d-iivil
2010-01-20, 13:39
Easiest way to make a theme would be to follow this site. Stskeeps is still working on the template package some with the help of a few theme designers including me and its what the lastest maemo-org is done with. It will give you an optified source package when done. More options will be added soon.

Umm... follow what site?