View Full Version : Calling all programers - Sound only via Bluetooth or headset NOT loudspecker?

imation_nz
2010-01-20, 01:01
Would there be a easy way to block sound out of loudspeakers when connected to bluetooth and headphones? like ringing and txt

I only want sound to come via headset or headphones.

As people out there for some strange reason want it to come out both and some do not.

Just thought a little widget or something could be made

Thank you for taking the time to reply on this.

There is a bug done but don't know if they are going to play with this or not. It used to work on previous firmware versions.

ndi
2010-01-20, 14:04
It worked before and the community called it a bug so they changed it.

And it is, you have a BT headset, but you don't wear it constantly and when you don't you don't disconnect it. Phone rings, you never know.

In my personal opinion, one should choose. Option should be there. If I use headphones it's because I want to keep it quiet. OTOH, I understand the need for an option.

nofearlegend
2010-08-29, 19:29
Any progress on this?
I find it really annoying that it doesn't exist already in it.

I got a BH-804 and when i connected it to my N900. I took it for granted that it wouldn't come sound from the N900.
But no its either silent (no sound from N900 or BH-804) or public (sound from both).

Anyways would be really awesome if someone have any solution to this i think it would do many a favor!

greenbelt
2010-08-29, 19:53
Me too, I liked the way before much more then the way it is now. I prefer my phone to be silent, when on bluetooth headset. An option to choose would be best for everybody. Should also work with "Custom ringtones for your contacts".

atunguyd
2010-08-30, 00:36
Well I am personally one of the people who want the opposite to you. When my phone is in my car the bluetooth hadnsfree takes over and will only play sounds while there is a call in place. This means that I no longer get any turn by turn voice prompts from Sygic.

You're probably right and it should be user selectable. From my investigations this seems to be linked into pulse audio policy's but I am at a loss as to how to adjust them.