View Full Version : How does the N900 handle HID devices via USB?

ViciousXUSMC
2010-01-23, 17:52
Curious question here,

What would happen if you take a standard plug & play device like a mouse or keyboard that acts as a HID device took its normal USB plug and put on an adapter for Micro USB and plugged it into the N900?

Does Maemo 5 have the technology to detect and work with those devices or does the Mirco USB port on it even work as a normal port?

Im sure some people may like use of keyboard, but I just got a really neat adapter that hooks up two Ninteno Wii classic controllers via USB to a computer, it works as a normal HID device with no drivers needed (installing drivers for it adds even more functions though)

Thought it would be neat to use the wii classic controllers to play emulation games on the N900 but not willing to buy an adapter to test it right now and dont want to possibly break my device if something strange should happen.

olighak
2010-01-23, 17:53
Curious question here,

What would happen if you take a standard plug & play device like a mouse or keyboard that acts as a HID device took its normal USB plug and put on an adapter for Micro USB and plugged it into the N900?

Does Maemo 5 have the technology to detect and work with those devices or does the Mirco USB port on it even work as a normal port?

Im sure some people may like use of keyboard, but I just got a really neat adapter that hooks up two Ninteno Wii classic controllers via USB to a computer, it works as a normal HID device with no drivers needed (installing drivers for it adds even more functions though)

Thought it would be neat to use the wii classic controllers to play emulation games on the N900 but not willing to buy an adapter to test it right now and dont want to possibly break my device if something strange should happen.

Nothing happens. USB host is disabled.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31921&highlight=usb+host