PDA

View Full Version : Why no sort for n900 bookmarks?

sorodoros
2010-01-28, 18:54
Anyone know a way to sort their browser bookmarks?

I've tried moving them, deleting them, and anything else that is possible to do with the n900's severly handicapped bookmark UI. All I get is a randomly sorted list of bookmarks and folders.

Hannu
2010-01-28, 19:19
Anyone know a way to sort their browser bookmarks?

I've tried moving them, deleting them, and anything else that is possible to do with the n900's severly handicapped bookmark UI. All I get is a randomly sorted list of bookmarks and folders.

I think that they are sorted by the times you`ve used them.
So the most used comes on top.

sorodoros
2010-01-28, 19:30
They never change position for me. I think it's a Nokia oversight. It was possible in previous NITs.

crenquis
2010-01-29, 00:43
They change position on me, but it seems rather random -- sometimes I find the most used link at the bottom of the list.
However, I have a bigger problem... I can't add or move any links from my list -- I get an out of memory error.

sorodoros
2010-01-29, 00:50
Is there a manual way (xTerm) to order them?

lfcobra
2010-02-10, 03:46
Just thought i'd bump this thread. I have several websites bookmarked now and i'd really like to be able to sort my bookmarks, either alphanumerically or if i could specify the order that would be even better. Anyone have any ideas or should this possibly be marked as a bug if the feature doesnt exist?

benny1967
2010-02-10, 07:27
They never change position for me. I think it's a Nokia oversight. It was possible in previous NITs.

they'll tell you they got "a lot of complaints" about being able to manually sort bookmarks. that's why they removed it. think of it as a feature. think of "sorting bookmarks" as a bug.

(the fact that these lots of complaints aren't visible anywhere, neither in the forums nor in bugzilla, is just a cosmetical issue.)

corduroysack
2011-06-04, 16:03
a good idea would be an to be able to sort into category folders e.g. n900 stuff, image sites, youtube pages etc.

Alfred
2011-06-04, 16:31
I have created my own html web site(in a html file) and i have it bookmarked. This website have different categories and so on...

mobilephil
2011-06-06, 11:20
All i have done is make folders .Like newspapers,music sites.nokia sites,magazines.sexy stuff.google sites. etc etc works for me quite well .