PDA

View Full Version : Internet Banking and VOIP

sminhaz
2010-01-30, 17:06
Hi can any one guide me how to setup the browser so that i can do the internet banking and is there any option like sip setting so that i can make voip call with the N900. And is there software by which i can access my remote server my remote servers only accept Remote desktop connection. I know this is linux but is there any way except the VNC .

tirtawn
2010-01-30, 17:19
1. No need to setup, just go to the bank website (as long as your bank does not need java applet), it should be usable directly Example bank of america.

2. the simplest voip using skype, just need to go to availability, and add a new skype account, and you are on your way to make a free voip call.

3. Rdesktop is available to use Remote Desktop Connection to go to windows server. (I have been using this "daily")

sminhaz
2010-01-30, 17:49
Thanks for the info But what to do for hsbc.com.hk or ocbc.com.sg ?
skype i can install but I want to connect with one asterisk server.

lma
2010-01-30, 17:56
Settings -> VoIP and IM accounts -> New -> SIP

lancewex
2010-03-12, 14:18
So I am able to log into my bank site w/o issue, but my credit union site keeps telling me my login or password ks wrong (and it is not wrong). Any ideas on what the problem might be?

volt
2010-03-12, 14:35
I would suggest double checking that the password still works on a regular browser, and that what you try to type as a password is actually what you type, considering that the N900 might capitalize words, doesn't have unique number keys, etc.

Usually an error like that actually means that a password and username reached the destination, but was found to be a less than perfect match. If there was something wrong with the software/plugins etc, it'd usually say something like "Could not connect".

lancewex
2010-03-12, 14:55
So I am able to log into my bank site w/o issue, but my credit union site keeps telling me my login or password is wrong (and it is not wrong). Any ideas on what the problem might be?

I found a work around. I had typed the password in about 20 times, very, very carefully. Would just not work. What did work was typing the password in the site's seacrh box, then cutting and pasting it in the password box. Whatever that means. FYI to anyone else with a similar problem.

neodymium
2010-03-12, 15:17
I'm going to guess it was capitalizing the first letter of your password. Try hitting the shift key once before you type in the first letter to de-capitalize it then enter the rest of the password as usual.

lancewex
2010-03-12, 16:06
I'm going to guess it was capitalizing the first letter of your password. Try hitting the shift key once before you type in the first letter to de-capitalize it then enter the rest of the password as usual.

Good idea. But that didn't work either. This is odd.

Ryuokii
2010-03-15, 20:42
Hi guys. Is there any info on how to log into banks that REQUIRE a java applet? Tried with both browsers (maemo and firefox) w/o success. THX,

slender
2010-03-15, 20:46
Hi guys. Is there any info on how to log into banks that REQUIRE a java applet? Tried with both browsers (maemo and firefox) w/o success. THX,

There is no java on this device so I would try possible Mobile versions of those web-pages if they exist (and if they do not exist i would send message to bank to get their web-page upgraded to this century)