PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Messaging Problem??

acrmcr
2010-02-01, 09:22
I've been having problems with setting up my email on the N900. After lots of head scratching I've solved one of the problems - I was unable to read emails at home that I'd received earlier in the day on my N900. Basically, Virgin/Blueyonder have migrated to imap and, although they said POP3 would still do the job, there was obvioulsy some teething problems because as soon as I've set up the accounts as IMAP, bingo, I can read emails at home as well as on my phone.

The second problem is a little trickier - my N900 will not send emails when connected via 3G or 2G. If I connect via WiFi, there's absolutely no problem - the emails get sent immediately. I'm on Vodafone. To get round this I've been trying to set up Nokia Messaging but, although it seems to set up OK, I'm left with no Inbox, Outbox, Sent Box etc. All I see is the 'New Message' tab. Now, if I create a message it gets sent OK....!!? Has anybody else got this problem - no visible Inbox etc?

I've now got two accounts setup. My Blueyonder/Virgin IMAP account that received email but can only send email via WiFi and the Nokia Messaging account that seems to be able to send email via 3G/2G but has no visible inboxes etc!! What on Earth is going on???? Help!!!!!

askarir
2010-02-01, 11:15
I've had the problem where i get a notification that an email has arrived but when I go to the inbox it isn't there.

I'm on voda as well and have been able to send emails without issue but my email providers are google and yahoo.

If you have a google or yahoo account try setting that up so you can see whether it is a problem (lack of inbox) specific to your email provider.