PDA

View Full Version : Home-constructed case for the N800

ziggamon
2007-01-29, 20:46
So, I complained to a friend of mine about the N800 not having a hard cover like the N770... and not having the sock which zips shut... and she just told me: why don't you put the new sunglass cover into the sock from the old 770?

And so I did, and now my N800 is safe from falling out and down on the floor!

Yes, this may very well be what McGyver would've done!

Texrat
2007-01-29, 21:46
Nah, McGuyver would have used duct tape and safety pins.

mwiktowy
2007-01-29, 22:09
Nah, McGuyver would have used duct tape and safety pins.

... and bubble gum.

Interesting. I checked the fit of the N800 into the 770 case and it fits well but didn't think of sticking everything in there. Nesting both cases together would allow you to slip a piece of hard plastic (piece of a plastic container lid or something) between the two to protect the screen from impact yet not interfere with slipping it into the case.

srstein
2007-01-30, 02:12
I'm pretty happy with my Nintendo DS lite case. I haven't cut out the plastic insert that normally holds the DS in place. Just now I tried slipping the n800 in there and it almost works. Maybe if I tug, pull and trim it'll hold it in place and I'll still be able to use it. :)

realcomix
2007-02-14, 23:54
Heh thats what i use .... Workks great

Toontje
2007-02-18, 10:09
Maybe its because i don't have a n800 (yet), but what is...
the new sunglass cover??:confused:

rm -rf
2007-02-18, 14:16
I bought 3 Nintendo cases yesterday.

(1) A larger case 6 x 4 x 2" deep. It works pretty good, but is larger than what I'd like. I could use it to carry all my gear (2 cell phones, the N800, Bluetooth, etc.)

(2) The smaller Nintendo case , 5 x 3.5 x 1" deep with a mesh back. It works sort of, and probably would be OK with plastic trimming per the other posts on this topic.

(3) A really small and harder shelled case fro 'Joytech'. That one is probably too small. It is tight enough that the buttons get pushed while in the case, so one would have to turn it off before using it.

None of them are really ideal, but at $10 or so each, the two Nintendo soft cases will work until something better comes along.

hemplacrosse4
2007-02-18, 16:57
Just bought the nintendo case from kmart for 8 bucks works great with alittle trimming of the plastic also is not to big while in my jeans a very nice temporary solution until a case meant for the device comes out