PDA

View Full Version : Crash with OpenSSH

daklaus
2010-02-24, 23:40
Hey Guys,
I don't if this is the right place to post it, but:

I have a big problem with my openssh for my N900. Everytime I connect to it via WLAN using PuTTY on my Windows 7 the Phone crashes a few seconds after the login.

I am sitting in front of my computer since 5 hours yet, but I can't get the problem solved. I am completely desperated... =(

I hope somebody out there can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Ronaldo
2010-02-25, 00:41
use winscp425 i use win7 64 and works fine, u need ssh server installed ( will ask for pass when you install so set one then).

i saved the login so i just click connect .

fred123
2010-02-25, 00:54
I have used PuTTY and wiscp from vista 32 for the last month without any problems.

Do you get any error messages on the windows pc, what exactly happens on the phone?

daklaus
2010-02-25, 11:36
use winscp425 i use win7 64 and works fine, u need ssh server installed ( will ask for pass when you install so set one then).

i saved the login so i just click connect .

I use WinSCP too and it works fine, but thats not what I asked for. I want to connect to the shell via my PC and I already have OpenSSH server installed and set the root pw.

I just don't know why the phone crashes after I log in.

@fred123:
Unfortunately no. PuTTY naturally just says that the connection was lost after the phone crashes and reboots.

pelago
2010-02-25, 11:52
The phone actually reboots? That's pretty serious. Might be worth opening a bug on http://bugs.maemo.org/ if there isn't one about this already.