PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Power drain trouble

di1in
2010-02-25, 04:30
In the last few days after i installed a coupla apps of extras testing (had been lookin for miduro) it seems my battery drains out real fast.

for instance yesterday it lasted merely 6 hours. is there a script or command which could help me out with finding the culprit?

or is there a way to check it out using htop?

jaem
2010-02-25, 06:14
I thought I heard something about PowerTop being available somewhere, but the memory is fuzzy enough that it may well have been a post saying it wasn't available. At any rate, something like that is probably what you're looking for, and might be worth checking.
I have noticed similar things when installing things from -devel. System daemons ("services") are a likely thing to check, as by definition they run (in most of Maemo's cases) all the time. I think the daemon that allows the prox sensor to be used as a shortcut gave me issues like that, but I didn't do any objective testing at the time. If you installed any daemons, applets, or widgets from -devel very recently, uninstalling them one at a time might narrow it down, too.

di1in
2010-02-27, 09:45
The power drain seems to have been caused by the hildon-matrix theme. Shucks, it was such a kewl theme ..

zifis
2010-02-27, 09:57
I've had a power drain issue after installing new apps. Even when the cpu was showing 97% idle. Reebooting after installation seems to have taken care of rapid power drain. Also switching to 2G was very helpful.

maxximuscool
2010-02-27, 09:58
The power drain seems to have been caused by the hildon-matrix theme. Shucks, it was such a kewl theme ..

matrix theme didn't drain battery on mine though. try reboot and it might fix the problem. sometimes the hildon desktop crash and causing the theme to hang. so try a few reboots

di1in
2010-03-01, 14:02
matrix theme didn't drain battery on mine though. try reboot and it might fix the problem. sometimes the hildon desktop crash and causing the theme to hang. so try a few reboots

I did do a coupla reboots, but lemme try again..

di1in
2010-03-03, 08:15
yea, the problems solved.. thanks everybuddy!