PDA

View Full Version : Display clock in lock screen

rolfok
2010-02-26, 09:16
Sometimes I just want to see the current time but when the N900 is locked I have to first unlock it (5 taps and 1 to confirm) to see the clock.

Can that screen be changed to display the date/time?

Also useful would be an option to display owner information like name, email address: In case I lose the N900 and it is found, the honest finder has a chance to hand it back to me. Btw. this was implemented on the Psion palmtop computers.

x61
2010-02-26, 09:19
You can check the current time and date by taping on the power button.

ddwalker
2010-05-03, 21:16
This doesn't work for me.

sepehrsfmech
2010-05-03, 21:20
power bottun while its locked

Zekahz
2010-05-03, 21:27
I only see the date

tswindell
2010-05-03, 21:33
He means device lock, not screen lock.

HellFlyer
2010-05-03, 21:34
Also useful would be an option to display owner information like name, email address: In case I lose the N900 and it is found, the honest finder has a chance to hand it back to me. Btw. this was implemented on the Psion palmtop computers.

Yeah and also credit card and social numbers :D

seriously though...do you think some one would return it ? good luck with that ;)

as for the the info as others mentioned if you hit power button when screen is off it displays time and date..if you dont see it probably you've installed some crappy theme

manvik60
2010-05-03, 21:39
He means device lock, not screen lock.

Whats the difference ?
if he locks the screen, his device is also locked, no ?
or if his device is locked you have to lock screen separetly ?

I am always confused with these two things .

Abemelek
2010-05-03, 21:43

seriously though...do you think some one would return it ? good luck with that ;)

as for the the info as others mentioned if you hit power button when screen is off it displays time and date..if you dont see it probably you've installed some crappy theme

You know, there are still honest people left in this world;).
I would return it with out any thoughts:cool:

pelago
2010-05-03, 21:44
Whats the difference ?
if he locks the screen, his device is also locked, no ?
or if his device is locked you have to lock screen separetly ?

I am always confused with these two things .

Device lock is the one where you have to type a PIN to unlock.

HellFlyer
2010-05-03, 21:45
Device lock is the one where you have to type a PIN to unlock.

nope PIN is for only SIM card only , you need to type lock code that's different

zfarooq
2010-05-03, 21:48
when the device is security locked, the only thing showing up is the numerical touch keyboard. so you cannot see anything

including basic time/date etc. Unlike symbian where you can, it would be great to have more information shown.

CutterSlade
2010-05-03, 22:05
You CAN see Date and Time you just have to lock the screen and then press the power key once.
Try it! 1. Lock Device 2. Lock Screen 3. press power button once.

pelago
2010-05-04, 10:39
nope PIN is for only SIM card only , you need to type lock code that's different

I meant PIN in the generic sense, i.e. any numeric password-type thing, but you're right to make the distinction.

ddwalker
2010-05-04, 17:25
This doesn't work for me.

Actually it works for me. I wasn't doing the right way.
Thanks.

2010-05-04, 17:42
I only see the date

It's because of your theme. change your theme (for example default theme), time will appear.
I've same problem when I changed theme.

rmerren
2010-05-04, 17:50

I got a lost phone back because it showed my name and phone number on the power-up screen. Perhaps you should move somewhere friendlier? ;)

kamishki
2010-05-04, 18:03
I have also got a phone back...but I actually think the best thing would be the P-Touch for this sort of thing.

osomanos
2010-05-04, 18:14
This past weekend I found a BlackBerry Bold some one had left on a bench at a local park. The lock screen had a message in the way of "If found, please call so-and-so at such-and-such number" so I called the owner and was able to return the phone. Needless to say, he was very happy.