PDA

View Full Version : Maemo 5 MODs... Continued: Part II

F2thaK
2010-03-05, 13:17
As original "author" of original 'Maemo 5 MODs - share your MODs!!' thread,
due to requests, please continue sharing your Maemo 5 MODs here.

Thank you.

vitaliysh
2010-03-05, 13:49
Is there any WiKi with successful mods? Going through 845 replies is pain in the butt =)

Rob1n
2010-03-05, 13:51
I don't see any point in a new thread unless it's going to start by summarising all the existing mods. Otherwise all that's happening is that there's two threads to read through to see everything, or a new thread to look at the unread posts on, neither of which is any easier than having a single large thread.

BoeMatic
2010-03-05, 13:53
I would vote for some kind of wiki too :)

YoDude
2010-03-05, 13:54
Is there any WiKi with successful mods? Going through 845 replies is pain in the butt =)

That would make sense.
...as oposed to now potentialy more threads to go through. :)

vietn900
2010-03-06, 04:49
yeah what's the point of this ... it's just going to be more confusing

TomJ
2010-03-06, 05:16

What, you mean like this (http://wiki.maemo.org/Customizing_Maemo)? All the gen from the old thread has yet to make it there, so get updating...

munkiii
2010-03-06, 14:14
May aswel ask in here: Is it possible to change things in the contact cards regarding peoples Facebook/Jabber accounts...

I have peoples facebook chat in with their phone numbers and emails, but i don't want the "Jabber Call" to appear, only Jabber IM.

and also...

is it possible to change the word "Jabber" to "Facebook" ?

fareastcoast
2010-03-06, 19:26
if you look back to the first thread, the original request for another mod thread came from maluka who actually suggested a new mod thread every month. i like that idea, it keeps things fresh and current, creates a more natural 'archive'. not really a big deal, more about aesthetics than anything else.

les_garten
2010-03-06, 21:00
if you look back to the first thread, the original request for another mod thread came from maluka who actually suggested a new mod thread every month. i like that idea, it keeps things fresh and current, creates a more natural 'archive'. not really a big deal, more about aesthetics than anything else.

So for 12 months, you have 12 different threads to look at.

What are you, some kind of Lunatic?

pelago
2010-03-06, 23:58
I think this thread should be merged with the original.

TomJ
2010-03-07, 00:22

Some would say improving the wiki page (http://wiki.maemo.org/Customizing_Maemo) would be the most sensible archive. That said, I think seperate threads for each mod would make life easier to deal with...

kbeeveer46
2010-03-07, 01:07
Just update the wiki page with all the successful mods from the first thread. I, too, have barely looked at the other mod thread because who has time to sift through 900 posts. There needs to be one central place with all the mods and instructions and THAT'S IT. No extra chit chat that caused the other thread to reach 900 posts.

vintc
2010-03-09, 18:38
Please, can anybody help me? Last week I try change font, it was ok..but today, when I try chance it, nothing :( why? thanks
EDIT: I found some fonts in /usr/share/fonts...this had old date, so I deleted them and now it's ok!! :)