PDA

View Full Version : manipulation mode arrow

bulelet
2010-03-07, 06:57
i cant seem to get the manipulation mode arrow to appear whenever i swipe from the left screen. i dunno why. it was working earlier.

who knows how to troubleshoot this?

bulelet
2010-03-07, 07:15
ive tried rebooting the phone. nothing happened.

di1in
2010-03-07, 07:20
i cant seem to get the manipulation mode arrow to appear whenever i swipe from the left screen. i dunno why. it was working earlier.

who knows how to troubleshoot this?

maybe you're not pressing right. i only get the arrow out 1 out of 3 tries. try using your left thumb, it works for me more often.

bulelet
2010-03-07, 19:49
ive tried swiping from every centimeter on the left side of the screen.

anybody with the solution?

hartti
2010-03-07, 20:15
Are you using some kind of a screen protector on the screen? if the edge of the protector is just around the edge of the screen, that might affect the detection of the swipe from outside of the screen.

Hartti

wheatbisc
2010-03-07, 20:23
with a little nail-age, you can get it everytime, and use it with very much precision! And even with a bit pressure...

I tend to start the swip from the phone's ear speaker...? Can't remember the right name :> and from there into the screen and go to the exact spot i need.

Now that this thread is about the cursor mode. Is it also available in portrait mode - maybe with some modification? Cause that will make the portrait webbrowsing even better! :D

//Wheatbisc

EDIT: I also use the Zagg inv. shield, but still not a prob here :P

zail
2010-03-07, 20:56
Have a look here..

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46378

xomm
2010-03-07, 21:09
There are about 3 active threads at the moment about the same thing. I would suggest merging them.

@wheatbisc: The mouse pointer is available in Portrait mode, it's just hard to pull out because the border's so thin.

Sometimes it doesn't pull out when the page is still loading. Try waiting for the page to become idle, then swipe with a decent amount of pressure.

bulelet
2010-03-07, 21:25
well its not precision or screen protectors.

the thing just stopped popping out.

my phone was acting wierd too when it happened.
it was slow even with me not doing anything, i restarted it, but nothing happened.

wheatbisc
2010-03-07, 21:35
@wheatbisc: The mouse pointer is available in Portrait mode, it's just hard to pull out because the border's so thin.

Nice, didn't think it was possible :P Thanks for that one, now only portrait keyboard in browser left :D

xomm
2010-03-07, 22:54
now only portrait keyboard in browser left :D

And now only Harmattan to wait for. ;)

It's pretty much set. The brainstorm for portrait input has it's milestone as Harmattan.

But never fear. Live in the present. :)

bulelet
2010-03-08, 03:51
so yea, the manipulation mode arrow pops out in portrait mode but not in landscape. whats is up with this!!!

Hagar
2010-03-08, 06:10
Is there a way to put a standard button on the screen which makes it visible and then if you don't use it for a couple of seconds, makes it disappear? Every time you watch the web page in full screen mode and touch the screen, there is a small icon in the bottom right of the screen to make it full screen. It shouldn't a big deal to add a small icon next to it or perhaps in the other corner to activate the cursor instead of doing this "hit and miss" magic of dragging the finger from left and so on?

Another thing that is extremely irritating is "draw the circle" to zoom in and out. That and the cursor trick never works because every time you try the the whole page starts to pan with your finger instead of bringing in cursor or zoom :( There is so much of real estate on the screen available to put all these fancy functions. All that you do is touch the screen and there are several of those icons available for you to do extra stuff like zoom in/out or cancel the full screen mode or use the cursor etc.

There is of course another way to implement this. It's the Firefox way where the important functions are hidden on both the edges of the screen. I would stop using the Microb the day Firefox increases it's speed and stability, and also activates additional zoom levels. Right now double tapping to zoom in is not enough for my eyes. There are so many pages with small text that will need at least five or six double taps for my eyes to read :D