PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Nokia support is horrible ???

penguinbait
2007-02-12, 23:43
Nokia has the worst customer service I have ever seen. I have never been as upset by any company. I am not sure if it is just a phone company, or what? Maybe because I work in the computer industry I expect more from a manufacturer. I loathe those support people, they are the rudest bunch I have ever run into.

This poll is about support NOT repair.. In other words I am not interested if you sent it in and it came back really fast and it was repaired. I am talking about if you had a problem with your repair process. For example if it was sent back unrepaired. Or it was gone for 30+ days and you contacted someone?

If they get it right its great, although I have not witnessed this myself. I have now sent in two devices, a 770 and a 6682 and took cash settlement after 5 weeks without 770 and I am now 30+ days waiting for parts on my 6682. They are just rude on the phone, they could not care less.

Milhouse
2007-02-13, 00:36
Outsourcing. Penny wise, pound foolish.

koolguynet
2007-02-13, 04:06
For those that have sent in their 770, how long was it gone? I have mine in the shop right now. Also, for those that received a cash settlement, how did you negotiate that? Frankly, I wouldn't mind cash for mine so I can upgrade.

penguinbait
2007-02-13, 04:23
Once your 770 has been in repair for 30 days, you must call in and ask to speak to the ERT (Executive Resolution Team) This is the only way that you can get a cash settlement.

They gave me 240$, which I applied to n800

They will not pass you to ERT until 30 days.

koolguynet
2007-02-13, 06:14
Was $240 their first offer? Was there any room to negotiate a higher amount? Thanks!

gammer
2007-02-13, 15:37
After 2 months my 770 went to repair for 6 weeks - then I got (all) money back (350 Euro), but this was handled by the dealer where I bought it (in Berlin). They have a contract with Nokia repair stations such that the station has to pay if they do not repair the device within 6 weeks.

TabulaRasa
2008-07-01, 15:43
I am on my 3rd replacement device and they keep sending me defective units! I have one that works fine, and the second one wouldn't access the internal memory card. Therefore, no swap file or anything.

They sent it back reflashed -- it still didn't read the internal memory card because it had a hardware problem. I reflashed it 10 times myself before sending it to them the first time.

Sent it back, got a device that would not access internal OR external memory cards. I should have kept the first N800.

They sent back to me a device that will not power on under any circumstances. I have tried putting it in the freezer. I have tried using the battery and power cord from my other device. It will not work.

I am going to complain to the State Attorney General. This is unreal. If you read my prior posts, I was a longtime fan of the N800. If this is not made right by tomorrow I will never buy another Nokia product again.

I think that all that they do is send out returned N800 devices without making sure that they work. They probably were returned because they were defective.

Argh!

coffeedrinker
2008-07-01, 15:52
First tell THEM that you will complain to the State Attorney General. That got Apple's attention when I had a faulty laptop. I had a new one *minutes* after saying that when they were going to install the second motherboard and various other parts (second time around on those).

edit: memory is all coming back :)
(I had, in fact, already talked to the Attorney General's office and they told me to let Apple know that they thought I deserved a replacement that time.)

lcuk
2008-07-01, 16:08
They sent back to me a device that will not power on under any circumstances. I have tried putting it in the freezer. I have tried using the battery and power cord from my other device. It will not work.

My god, I hope you attempted the battery changing process *before* you threw it into the freezer. That sounds like the sort of last ditch thing you do to an out of warranty screwed up harddrive with stuck heads, certainly not anything I would consider attempting with a tablet. It would certainly be possible that you damaged it further by inserting it into the freezer.

You do sound like you had a bad time with them however your story reminds me of a joke I heard as a child:

Patient: "Doctor doctor, it hurts when I press here, here here and here. Whats wrong with me?"
Doctor: "you have a broken finger."

You did not mention in your posting, I wonder if you checked that you didnt have a broken memory card? (by inserting in other machines or testing different cards)

joepagiii
2008-07-01, 16:53
My god, I hope you attempted the battery changing process *before* you threw it into the freezer. That sounds like the sort of last ditch thing you do to an out of warranty screwed up harddrive with stuck heads, certainly not anything I would consider attempting with a tablet. It would certainly be possible that you damaged it further by inserting it into the freezer.

You do sound like you had a bad time with them however your story reminds me of a joke I heard as a child:

Patient: "Doctor doctor, it hurts when I press here, here here and here. Whats wrong with me?"
Doctor: "you have a broken finger."

You did not mention in your posting, I wonder if you checked that you didnt have a broken memory card? (by inserting in other machines or testing different cards)

i think tabula rasa has a n810...which is an internal soldered component...

TabulaRasa
2008-07-02, 16:19
I have two N800s. The memory card that worked fine in one, would not work in the other.

Incidentally, the freezer trick worked. I placed the device into plastic ziplock bag for 5 minutes. I got it to boot. Then I installed diablo and all is fine.

They sent out an N800 with the 2007 OS, with the documented will not wake up problem that has been posted so many times on this forum. The freezer trick was also how those people got the device to revive. (it didn't matter if I stuck a perfectly charged battery from my other N800 into it, it would not turn on without going into the freezer!)

krisse
2008-07-05, 18:08
I think this poll is meaningless as it stands because Nokia customer service seems to vary wildly depending on where you are in the world. Here in Europe it's generally been very good, at least in my experience.

Most of the problems seem to be in the USA, and I've heard other companies' customer service is worst there too. Maybe the poll question should mention the US?

bunanson
2008-07-05, 20:26
...That sounds like the sort of last ditch thing you do to an out of warranty screwed up harddrive with stuck heads, certainly not anything I would consider attempting with a tablet....

Put in a refrigerator is a 'proposed' temporizing treatment for the 'famous' power on problem of a N800. That is the way, the only way, I can get my N800 to upgrade to 2.2007.51-3 and, once for all, fixed the power on problem. It sounds like I am telling something like world war 2, in fact it was a only a few months back.

bun

Mutiny32
2008-07-17, 08:42
Ahahahahah, for IPSO....yes. I used to work support for their largest reseller in the US. We knew more than the support team did. It was actually funny as hell. But to give them some credit, the only time we would call them was with outright flaws in the OS that eventually made way to engineering.

TabulaRasa
2008-07-22, 14:29
I had two N800s from CompUSA and both had to go back to Nokia for problems right out of the box. The first time went smoothly. The 2nd time was like an idiot parade. They kept sending a broken device back.

I think that the support people tried to be helpful, but their repair contractors were terrible.

On the other hand, I think that Nokia's marketing department is terrible.
I am reminded of this post on thebestpageintheuniverse.com that really digs into Nokia's marketing department http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone (warning: foul language)! However, it's all true!!! :D

fatalsaint
2008-07-22, 14:43
Maddox rulez :D

That is all :)