PDA

View Full Version : Unabled to open Virtual Keyboard

Viashimo
2010-03-11, 01:22
Hi, the virtual keyboard hasn't worked for me for quite some time. I am now at my wit's end.

I have removed as many applications as I can, I still have the following installed:

rootsh
Extra Decoders Support
Fuelpad
Hex-a-hop
Maemo5 (v3.2010.02-8.002)
Ogg Support
OpenSSH Client
OpenSSH Client and Server
OpenSSH Server

I have rebooted several times. I have disabled the virtual keyboard, reboot, enabled it, rebooted to no success.

I have checked /proc/kmsg and PIO signals are being sent on open/close of the slider (so the sensor is still working).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know there are some other threads, but none of the solutions that worked in those are working for mine. Thanks!

P.S. I also deleted as much from MyDocs (incl. hidden folders) as I thought safe.

xomm
2010-03-11, 01:45
First, you might be more successful in getting an answer if you add to one of the existing threads.

Also, have you tried (drastic, but it works mostly), flashing your device?

Viashimo
2010-03-11, 03:43
Flashing it fixed... whatever it was.

stone17
2010-03-11, 03:48
I had the same issue after my phone crashed a while ago. Uninstalling ukeyboard solved the problem.

lord_phoenix
2010-03-11, 05:00
Stop working for me as well time to time, but reboot solves the issue, then it's working for some time and then again. Looks like a problem with new firmware, since I never saw it before.