PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N900 problems Maemo

bandino
2010-03-12, 20:30
Hi guys, i'm new to all this & just learned to use that install **** with xterminal

Now i wanted to install that USSD widget and i found this indian guy on youtube explaining it

I downloaded the same files as him and did the exact same thing, but whatever one of those files that i want to install. it says that it fails cause of an independency problem, that led me to this forum.. I found couple of those files here, but everyone of them is independent of another, and by now i have like installed maybe 50 files or so.. they're all independent :s
i really don't know what to do
i can't get python 2.5 on it... & i need that & a lot other things for that USSD widget...

Can anyone help me with this ? How come the indian guy did not said anything about all that python stuff ? :s

Fargus
2010-03-12, 20:36
Maybe you should be using the application manger to install the application and let the packaging sort things out for you.

Discussion on this here (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=493831&postcount=121).

bandino
2010-03-12, 21:17
i can't install it with that, only with xterminal, but when i do it that way that guy tells it it keeps talking about independencies... i hope i didn't screw anything up lol

i can't find any other way, only if someone can tell me step by step ? cuz if i download the ussd package, it doesn't work... :s

altorn
2010-03-12, 21:28
link to the video in youtube?

do you have root access?

wmarone
2010-03-12, 21:40
i can't install it with that, only with xterminal
What is preventing you from installing the USSD widget with Application Manager?

Dependencies are packages and software the widget needs to work. Installing via the Application Manager or apt-get (instead of dpkg -i) will automatically download and install those for you.

There is a reason Maemo uses a package manager to install software.

bandino
2010-03-12, 21:42
yes
and now i just tried to install mirror
but for that i need python gtk & something else, but if i download those, i can't install them cuz for them i need 10 other files that are dependencies... so i can keep going on like this ?

& here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLvyjiWtnMo

Mandor
2010-03-12, 21:47
Do you have "Maemo.org extras-testing" and "Maemo.org extras-devel" enable ?

Edit : Be careful with those eh ? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=343619

bandino
2010-03-12, 22:01
yes they are both turned on
i just tried installing again
and it said i needed
python gtk or something
python notify (i think)
& python osson or something like that
but every single one of those are dependent of 10 others...

bandino
2010-03-12, 22:28
Never mind i fixed it
i just did this:
apt-get -f install
it installed REALLY EVERYTHING
then i installed the ussd widget again and it works ! other software works too
thanks for your help guys :D

floffe
2010-03-13, 09:11
Yeah, that's the point of using a program that handles dependencies to install stuff (apt-get or application manager)