View Full Version : n900 charger not working. nokia support sucks!

robbersoul
2010-03-31, 04:57
my AC charger would not charge at all. right now im charging by the USB from my laptop. Called nokia and told me to send the charger to one of their autthorize repair centers. I was expecting they would give me a prepaid mailing box for me to send it. they told me I will pay for the shipping. they will only do that for the phone. that really pissed me off. I just had this phone not even 3 months long. I wish id kept my N97 charger and gave this one when I sold it in craigslist. I thought it was just the outlet because its not charging right. After a while it gave out. I will just look on ebay for charger rather than shiiping it. Any other number can I call for this matter?

hoggerz
2010-03-31, 06:10
You're lucky, when mine stopped working after about 2 weeks of owning it, I emailed Nokia UK. Their reply was I had to return everything, including the phone! Needless to say, I didn't bother as luckily I had another charger from my previous phone. Very poor I thought.

Hoggerz

emeni
2010-03-31, 06:21
Jesus, are you serious? When my charger from my nokia broke I've just went in to a nokia representative and they took mine, a copy from the receipt and they gave me another one from a box full of chargers. It wasn't identical, but as long as it has the same power, voltage, current output and it fits, I don't care. It also had nokia name on it.

clasificado
2010-03-31, 07:52
are you sure that it is broken?

The n900 has a know bug that you need to replug the charger like a dozen times

OR, reboot the device with the charger plugged in

robbersoul
2010-03-31, 12:04
I dont think its a bug, it was working on and off, and now it just stop working. Its just a charger and they cant even give you a replacement. Why would you send the broken one? A lot of manufacturers they would just give you one without any form or letter to fill out. Its just dissapointing.

Snaps
2010-03-31, 12:26
Just buy one on ebay for £5. Easy

eitama
2010-03-31, 12:34
are you sure that it is broken?

The n900 has a know bug that you need to replug the charger like a dozen times

OR, reboot the device with the charger plugged in

Just to add, there is a 3rd option (:
Plug the charger, wait for battery to deplete cause it's not charging, once the phone goes off, it will charge (: kinda smart if you ask me !
(Just kidding... it's ironic..).

Anyway,
When you say well know, do you mean it's posted on bugzilla?
Iv'e been having exactly what you described ever since I own the phone, But I thought I'm the only one.

gabby131
2010-03-31, 12:49
this is somewhat similar on what i am experiencing now.

if i charge my n900, no "charging" or no light is coming out. but when i re-plug for for bout 1-2 times, the device starts charging.

i posted this issue once, and somebody claimed the he's also experiencing some kinda issue. i was directed to a thread saying that when a charger is plugged on an outlet first before pluging the usb port to the n900, this bug may likely to occur.

because i am extremely careful not to break my usb port, its taking me time to plug the male usb of the charger to the n900. sometimes, the n900 does not recognize any accessory you plug in (specially the data cable and wall charger) when pluged in a slow motion or relative speed.

lucas777
2010-03-31, 12:51
Well i have a nokia travel charger next to my bed and lastnight the phone went dead put it on the charger lastnight woke up today and it was only half done... wtf. it was on there for a good 8 hours..

eitama
2010-03-31, 13:01
this is somewhat similar on what i am experiencing now.

if i charge my n900, no "charging" or no light is coming out. but when i re-plug for for bout 1-2 times, the device starts charging.

i posted this issue once, and somebody claimed the he's also experiencing some kinda issue. i was directed to a thread saying that when a charger is plugged on an outlet first before pluging the usb port to the n900, this bug may likely to occur.

because i am extremely careful not to break my usb port, its taking me time to plug the male usb of the charger to the n900. sometimes, the n900 does not recognize any accessory you plug in (specially the data cable and wall charger) when pluged in a slow motion or relative speed.

Are you sure the speed variant is not something you are making up? (unintentionally ofc)
I feel that the speed thing doesn't matter at all, I can connect my home/car charger once and it will work, or sometimes I have to connect it 3 times, and after 3 I always reboot...
I have pressed and grinded all my usb chargers/cables to help the usb socket last longer, so I rather insert it swiftly, Physics prove that the Static friction is higher than Kinetic friction, so it's better so actually insert it swiftly providing you do it straight and stop on time.

Also I only have this problem with chargers, not the PC -> Phone cable.

robbersoul
2010-03-31, 17:46
Mine is charging with the orange light blinking on the phone. the problem is when I pull the charger after 3 hours to 8 hours. Its still charging, and the battery signal is about the same or less. If I plug it in the car, laptop using the USB. its working fine. I will just buy on ebay.

pop2lock
2010-07-03, 05:51
Be aware of what you buy on eBay, try to find an original Nokia charger, a copy will destroy your battery that may end up costing you a lot more. Just sayin'...

nosa101
2010-07-03, 05:57
You can use the new Blackberry Bold charger