PDA

View Full Version : [Requeset] Half-Life Theme

SAABoy
2010-04-09, 17:02
Hi everyone,

half life is awesome!
I DEMAND HALFLIFE THEME: lol jk.

ok, there must be a lot of half life and n900 demographic overlap. does anyone wanna make one?

:)

philh
2010-04-09, 17:05
How should it look? Orange theme with Gordon in the background?

SAABoy
2010-04-09, 17:11
How should it look? Orange theme with Gordon in the background?

ahhh Gordon Freeman in the flesh... im such a nerd, i have a huge smile on my face thinking about half life :D :D

That sounds about right Philih...

joppu
2010-04-09, 19:34
Hey people, stop "demanding" stuff if you don't even know what you want. You could elaborate, that for example you want "a theme inspired by Half-Life's menu User Interface and has background images with Black Mesa logo on them"

Then provide a few screenshots to illustrate your request.

SAABoy
2010-04-13, 04:59
Hey people, stop "demanding" stuff if you don't even know what you want. You could elaborate, that for example you want "a theme inspired by Half-Life's menu User Interface and has background images with Black Mesa logo on them"

Then provide a few screenshots to illustrate your request.

I did my best to make it clear that I was kidding when 'demand'ing.

Well maybe I will elaborate, but this was kind of a feeler thread, as I hadn't found any half life related stuff on maemo.org. I don't have any favorite screenshots yet...

SAABoy
2010-04-16, 11:03
this is a bump. Anyone interested?

andrewfblack
2010-04-16, 13:11
this is a bump. Anyone interested?

You have had one of the better theme designers ask for for some referance screenshots and more details and all you keep asking is anyone interested. If you want themes done atleast do some research and do a good purposal.

SAABoy
2010-04-26, 06:57
You have had one of the better theme designers ask for for some referance screenshots and more details and all you keep asking is anyone interested. If you want themes done atleast do some research and do a good purposal.

Alright, I will try to find some relevant screenshots. It's hard to pick sometimes...

Jaygo333
2010-06-02, 17:55
I don't even have a'n' N900 and I still see the usefulness of the offer made here. If you don't want to, then I will.

Such as, the default wallpaper could be "http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots/original/2008/01/halflife3pcgames1.jpg." Without the health bars in the corner. As long as we get the infamous crowbar and black mesa logo.
Or a random picture of G-Man would suffice.

Also, the device beginning song could be "Half- Life Theme Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQh4hoKHDd0)". Can't get any better than that.

From the video, you can see the logo shades from red to orange hue. Also from light grey to dark grey. Those could be the underlying colours to the theme. Gives a lot of colours to experiment with, unlike the one colour orange of the Mesa logo which might not work well with people. (By the way, that mesa logo on the video will work really well with this theme when it does get created.)

Why am I doing this, an opportunity presented itself here to remember forever the "1" game of all time.

Long live the N800, and "LONG LIVE THE G-MAN!"

P.S. If you don't mind, an N800 theme would be very very much welcomed and appreciated if time permits.

SAABoy
2010-06-02, 22:12
I don't even have a'n' N900 and I still see the usefulness of the offer made here. If you don't want to, then I will.

Such as, the default wallpaper could be "http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots/original/2008/01/halflife3pcgames1.jpg." Without the health bars in the corner. As long as we get the infamous crowbar and black mesa logo.
Or a random picture of G-Man would suffice.

Also, the device beginning song could be "Half- Life Theme Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQh4hoKHDd0)". Can't get any better than that.

From the video, you can see the logo shades from red to orange hue. Also from light grey to dark grey. Those could be the underlying colours to the theme. Gives a lot of colours to experiment with, unlike the one colour orange of the Mesa logo which might not work well with people. (By the way, that mesa logo on the video will work really well with this theme when it does get created.)

Why am I doing this, an opportunity presented itself here to remember forever the "1" game of all time.

Long live the N800, and "LONG LIVE THE G-MAN!"

P.S. If you don't mind, an N800 theme would be very very much welcomed and appreciated if time permits.

uh oh, you're link didnt work...

ToJa92
2010-06-02, 22:17
If someone is going to create such theme, a loopable background made out of screenshots from the actual game would be cool. I think you can turn off the HUD so you can take screenshots of only the world.

HellFlyer
2010-06-02, 22:27
Hi everyone,

half life is awesome!
I DEMAND HALFLIFE THEME: lol jk.

ok, there must be a lot of half life and n900 demographic overlap. does anyone wanna make one?

:)

Why demand when you can ask kindly? , nobody owes you anything ;)
If you want something in half-life style/colours (aka black\yellow) try Wordcity from Ovi store just change wallpapers and your new theme is ready :)

GrimmReaperNL
2010-06-03, 04:15
Why demand when you can ask kindly? , nobody owes you anything ;)
If you want something in half-life style/colours (aka black\yellow) try Wordcity from Ovi store just change wallpapers and your new theme is ready :)

It's a joke. there was a dude not too long ago who made a serious post like that demanding some theme.

turned into a funny thread.