PDA

View Full Version : Something to clean RAM??

UNderworld
2010-04-15, 20:14
Hey guys, Is there anything similar to CleanRam for WinMO which I can use in my n900?
http://www.htcaddicts.com/?id=110

or is there any code that I could find what's using the cpu and kill the process??

I saw from conky that, while my phone was idle, it was on 900mhz 100% constantly, it was yesterday and I did not note down the process name.. It was Ok after a restart, but sometimes I wish I could just kill the big processes, like Ctrl+alt+del in windows, and shoot'em up:D

Kasperl
2010-04-15, 20:15
Use 'top' from the commandline to find what hangs. Then do 'kill PID' (the PID of a proces it the number on the leftmost column of the top display), or killall processname if you know what's hanging and want to skip the top step.

gobuki
2010-04-15, 20:19
Alternatively use htop. It has a curses gui and can be started from the menu.

nokian-series
2010-04-15, 20:54
What keys to press on the keybord and it order to Kill (so do that F9) :S
I tried it a lot but sometimes dont work !? :S

ChoMar
2010-04-16, 08:23
dont know about the KEyboard shortcuts, but if you want to kill something that wont accept a kill command use

sudo kill -s KILL [PID]

(doublekill)
Dont know if it works on the N900 or if it can harm you device, maybe.

Patola
2010-04-16, 08:30
Windows Mobile works very differently from the N900. It's designed so that you need not really close and app, this is managed from the OS itself as RAM becomes shorter. I personally find this design stupid, but then it's why programs like this "CleanRam" exist.

AlMehdi
2010-04-16, 08:51
I think the easiest is to use Top and the "pkill <program>". You could try to start by wiriting "top" in the terminal. Open a ny terminal then "pkill top" to close top..