PDA

View Full Version : Adobe CS5 Student & Teacher edition can now be used for commercial work

pasih
2010-04-28, 13:52
Hei guys and gals, that are students or teachers ;)

I just found out today that Adobe has changed their policies with CS5 and now those who buy Student & Teacher-edition of their software can also use it for commercial work. This is huge news for students who yet don't have steady income to buy the commercial version but still might make some money out of their work. Like me ;)

For example the Master Collection (that has basically all Adobe's software from Photoshop to Flash to Premiere) is only 599 € + vat, when the commercial Master Collection is about 2900 € + vat.

I thought about whether to post this info here (I've already spread the gospel at couple of art forums :D ) but then again loads of people here do need some content creation tools to make Maemo/MeeGo experience hotter ;), and many of us are still students (although I should've graduated a few years ago already...). I love open source, but there's no denying that Adobe is still the leader in many ways with Photoshop et al. And of course Adobe Flash is THE flash-creation tool.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/education/students/studentteacheredition/faq.html

lennartb
2010-05-04, 12:55
That is great news! Can't wait to get my hands on CS5!

A teacher of mine told me he used to have a student license, and when he was done with school, he could upgrade it to a commercial license for the normal upgrade price (which is, I think, around €800,- ).

And I don't think he was talking about a teachers license, since he didn't immediately start teaching.

Venemo
2010-05-04, 12:58
Well, I'm not a student (currently, but I plan to be), but I'd rather buy a CS2 (or perhaps CS3) with a used license.

It is cheaper, and it's the full version.

greenman
2010-12-14, 18:39
I am a teacher at a german media school. I bought the product Adobe CS5 Student & Teacher edition from Unimall, they accepted my teachers application form. However, Adobe refused to give me a serial, saying my school is not accepted. Now Unimall doesnt take the software back, saying it was opened. But you have to open it in order to apply for a serial. Instead, they recommend me to search for a student to get the serial!
I asked Adobe if I can get a license if I pay something on top but they kept saying I cant get a serial.
This is the worst software buying experience I ever had!

devu
2010-12-14, 19:07
If you are a teacher, what about teaching your kids how to create swf content using open and free tools?

Flash Develop + Flex SDK for example :)