PDA

View Full Version : Maybe another Nokia 770 for sale in the UK

martymcr
2005-11-28, 08:51
I really don't want to do this, but a sticky financial situation means I may have to sell my Nokia 770.

I don't want to clog up this message board with messages so if you're interested, please email me direct - (martin@martindolphin.co.uk)

It cost me £258.50 direct from Nokia, plus £27.90 from Expansys for the 512MB RS-MMC card so offers over £300 would be great (plus postage).

Genunine offers only please, and hopefully I won't get flamed for posting this!

Needless to say the device is in 'as new' condition!

pawa
2005-11-28, 10:33
I want it and I emailed you , check you mail box out please ...

buzzlightyear
2005-11-28, 10:36
Theres one up on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5835846479

Buzz

philmcneal
2005-11-28, 11:41
As a Canadian I want one badly

Hedgecore
2005-11-28, 14:07
All of the eBay listings I have seen to date are fake.

There are three things to look for:

1.) The same general template for each of the listings
2.) The same old pictures of a 770 displaying eBay
3.) The most important: "Don't email me with ask the seller, email me at this address instead".

Scam.

andymulhearn
2005-11-28, 14:15
All of the eBay listings I have seen to date are fake.

There are three things to look for:

1.) The same general template for each of the listings
2.) The same old pictures of a 770 displaying eBay
3.) The most important: "Don't email me with ask the seller, email me at this address instead".

Scam.

With something this new, I think I'd try to get the MAC address from inside the battery compartment and then check that it's a valid address on the Nokia site.

buzzlightyear
2005-11-28, 15:06
The one on eBay I posted is not a fake as its my brother who is selling it. I just did him a favour. In fact I tried to pursuade him to at least consider buyers from outside the UK.

Buzz

dazwest
2005-11-28, 15:54
I bought mine on Ebay from a guy in Belgium with zero feedback.
I asked him a few questions and then asked him to email me a picture of it next to that days newspaper. He did that and all went fine and I'm now a proud 770 owner ;)

rolandrat
2005-11-28, 18:54
Yes it is mine, if anyone would like to question me about it they can via ebay. My rating speaks for itself. It was just a impulse buy, which I have done with many things (3 different PDA's, a Simpad, various PC's) and I'm just not going to get the use out of it, so I'm selling it and will buy something else.
The photo is generic, but the advert was done while I was at work (one of those Monday morning bored moments!) so no access to a camera, I will happily send any photos via the ebay system.

Concrete Donkey
2005-11-28, 20:49
I might place a bid, but I need pictures.

A great thing to do would be to put your ebay name on a post it note and attach it to the 770, then take a picture. That way it's guarenteed that 1. no one will steal it and 2. you actually have the item.

What's the condition of the 770?

Thanks so much. You are top on my list of ebayers selling 770s.

rolandrat
2005-11-28, 21:27
I can send you any pictures you like, I have some like you suggested but it appears I cannot add any further pictures to the auction so I can only email them if you ask me a question via ebay.

Pics removed for privacy.

Concrete Donkey
2005-11-28, 23:16
Wow, kick butt! Okay, will he ship outside of the U.K.? I'm desperate, so i'll pay for shipping.

EDIT: I bid. =)

rolandrat
2005-11-29, 08:08
Mr Donkey,
I assume your splat.... ebay id?
If so yes for you I will ship to USA/Canada.
The cost from past experience via DHL is a mind blowing £35.99, please make sure your happy with this first.
All the best.

Concrete Donkey
2005-11-29, 18:58
Yes I am splat. Lame, I know, but everything else is taken. =)

And I will pay for shipping.

Donkey

rolandrat
2005-11-29, 19:50
I should be able to get the delivery a bit cheaper hopefully with better insurance (upto £500), but we'll sort that out if and when.
If theres anything else you want like hi-res pictures or anything please let me know (use the ebay question system though, save boring people here).

Concrete Donkey
2005-11-29, 20:07
I should be able to get the delivery a bit cheaper hopefully with better insurance (upto £500), but we'll sort that out if and when.
If theres anything else you want like hi-res pictures or anything please let me know (use the ebay question system though, save boring people here).
okay. Seems I've been outbid but I'll just wait until the last minute and snipe it. =)

rolandrat
2005-11-30, 09:00
God, why are some ebay people so stupid!!
If you don't win mine, you could always go for this 5836411396 - it appears to be an exact copy of my auction, from a USA member, coming from China.
Whats even more stunning is that someone has bid on it!!! Are these people stupid.
I have reported it already. Looks like the guy has had his account hijacked.

dazwest
2005-11-30, 11:16
Seems like most of you guys don't need it, but I wrote a guide to how to spot fraudsters on Ebay a couple of weeks ago on my infrequently updated blog - http://mobilephonewatch.blogspot.com/

rolandrat
2005-11-30, 11:41
After a bit of digging around, it looks like a huge amount of accounts have been hijacked so that these auctions look like they are from good sellers, trouble is people are looking at that and ignoring the fact they are items in China and the seller is registered in UK or USA or EU etc. Also they dont take paypal or anything other than send your money off never to be seen again! Be careful out there in Ebay land its a minefield.

martymcr
2005-11-30, 11:46
It's put me off advertising mine on eBay....

dazwest
2005-11-30, 12:24
It's put me off advertising mine on eBay....

You shouldn't be put off *selling* on ebay.
Just make sure you've got the money cleared in your bank account before sending it and you've got no worries!

gareth
2005-11-30, 16:48
To rolandrat: You can post photos to the auction still - the easiest method is to host a thumbnail and full-size version somewhere and enter the HTML directly into the description box.

I would definately recommend this, it will significantly increase the final price. Also definately use the post-it photos from earlier, this would put the scamsters off using them but if they do then nobody can help people that stupid.

Gareth

Concrete Donkey
2005-12-02, 01:59
After a bit of digging around, it looks like a huge amount of accounts have been hijacked so that these auctions look like they are from good sellers, trouble is people are looking at that and ignoring the fact they are items in China and the seller is registered in UK or USA or EU etc. Also they dont take paypal or anything other than send your money off never to be seen again! Be careful out there in Ebay land its a minefield.
Although there ARE one or two genuine 770 auctions.

RyanPatrick
2006-01-06, 21:36
DejaDesktop ( www.dejadesktop.com ) just released a very cool and much needed PDA calendar/contact manager for the 770 - it is easy to install, and has the ability to sync your Outlook calendar/contacts with the device wirelessly!!!

Way to go guys!