PDA

View Full Version : Question About Supplied Nokia Headphones

Salidwyn
2007-03-08, 16:58
This isn't really a huge issue for me but I was wondering if the headphones were made this way or if I got a goofed up one.

One of the earbud cords, instead of them both being the same length, is significantly longer. From the part where it splits (the mic?) I the left headphone is about 10" long while the right is probably around 2' long. I was just curious if it was suppose to be this way or not since it seemed very strange.

Thanks!

Xyzo
2007-03-08, 17:01
Do not worry: your headphones are exactly like they're supposed to be. The mic simply needs to be not so far from your mouth, so...

Salidwyn
2007-03-08, 17:13
Ah, that's good to know then. I've never used the mic, just the headphones so the first time I went to use them, I was a bit confused. Thanks for the clarification!

Milhouse
2007-03-08, 17:30
The earpud with the longer cable goes round the back of your neck...

uNtouched
2007-04-03, 20:39
The earpud with the longer cable goes round the back of your neck...

F'in Milhouse...I feel like a ****** now, I was beginning to wonder why the hell they made that so long...thanks.

Rocketman
2007-04-03, 20:59
I am curious if there is anyone else making a N800 compatible headset/microphone combo. I am not too keen on Nokia's design, as there is no cable spool, snap case or other mechanism for keeping the cable from becoming a tangled mess in one's pocket. The earbuds also tend to collect lint due to their gummy rubber design.