PDA

View Full Version : Running a live distro! aud, std, fed....

stuH
2007-03-12, 15:08
I have run a few of these and not one can i get to give me an internet connection, can anyone help, my laptop is wifi and works fione till i put in one of my live discs, oh and the reason i want to use these is simple the770 is linux, if i start using a linux OS i'll learn quicker!
Any help getting an internet connection appreciated!

brendan
2007-03-12, 16:31
start looking for ndiswrapper. its a way to use the windows .sys and .inf files to get a wireless card working in linux.

SeRi@lDiE
2007-03-12, 16:52
start looking for ndiswrapper. its a way to use the windows .sys and .inf files to get a wireless card working in linux.

That would be a waste of time... He is using a live cd .....
Please explain more..
What Distro?
What Chipset?
Kernel Version?
Distro Version?

ndiswrapper support alot of chipsets "Wireless Cards" but not all you might have to use madwifi or bcm43xxx-fwcutter
I would not waste time trying to get wireless running on a live distro because once you reboot everything is gone..
Aloso just a advice if you go to the support forum for your distro you probably find the answer to your question there already... I take you are using ubuntu...

stuH
2007-03-12, 21:16
ive got, debian, knoppix, std, auditor and fedora , its a realtek wifi card thats built into my laptop, as you guess i'm new to this and though that using linux on my laptop would help me work with my 770 better

SeRi@lDiE
2007-03-12, 21:58
My suggestion to you......
Dual boot or use cigwin you can also use vmware