PDA

View Full Version : n900 media player issue

lfcobra
2010-05-20, 04:39
Did a quick search but didnt see anyone else mentioning this issue.

Over the past week i have experienced the following problem several times:

I will be in the middle of a video podcast that i have downloaded using Gpodder when the media player will suddenly stop the video and return to the main screen (music, video, internet radio, shuffle songs).

If i attempt to play any videos or mp3s at this point the video player will not play them. Attempting to play a video results in the loading dots popping up for a few second but the video wont actually play. If i try to play an mp3 it will pop up a messages (i dont quite remember what it says but i think its something to the effect of incompatible format).

Was just wondering if anyone else has experience this. Not sure if this is relevant or not but it seems to me that the times it happened i was in the middle of a GeekBrief.tv video podcast... Maybe my n900 doesnt like Cali Lewis? Anyway, if anyone has any helpful advice I would really like to know. Thanks.

lfcobra
2010-05-21, 16:27
Thought i'd bump this thread with a little more info.

It seems to be happening a lot more often now. I thought it might have had something to do with Overclocking(titans) my phone but the issue occured even after i reduced the clock speed.

As a work around i've been using mplayer to play the video and audio files, and they do play just fine so i dont think the issue is with the data. I think its a problem with the media player itself.

If anyone has any suggestions or possible solutions i'd be extremely thankful.

Brank
2010-05-22, 09:23
Is there a way to get around the problem, that media player will search all mp3/songs from the device and not just from sounds folder?

Like I have my mp3s in sounds, then I installed some game for scummvm that has sounds. Now the sounds from the game are replayed along with my mp3s.

Brank
2010-06-11, 06:34
You all use the default media player for music, or what do you use?

Doonie
2010-06-11, 07:29
I also have been having problems with the media player since the upgrade.

it often won't open and then five minutes after I have given up it starts playing. But the biggest problem is, when my N900 is set to silent if someone rings me my media player starts up and plays whatever song I last listened to!

Really embarrasing at work and the whole point of silent is that it doesn't make a noise lol

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-06-12, 12:19
i Have a problem, I set the music player as a wedgit. The forward & back ward are working but the play button is not working????

How to solve?

Regards