PDA

View Full Version : How to delete a program that will not uninstall from Application Manager?

alvindd
2007-03-17, 02:00
Unable to uninstall a program from installed applications using Application manager.
Its icon is red and has an exclamation point!
When I look at the Application details , the Description states that it is broken but able to update. It can not update either.
How do you uninstall an application that does not want to leave?

sondjata
2007-03-17, 02:30
same problem here. Went to the terminal and deleted the files that the installer left behind. What is the application manager using for a catalog since it appears that is how it "knows" what is installed?

euchreprof
2007-03-17, 04:04
huh?? newbie directions please.

geneven
2007-03-17, 05:31
What I did with this was figured out where the files with that name were (I think I checked the Bin directory and there were several there.

Then I deleted all of the ones with that name or obviously related.

Then, the next time I refreshed the catalog I got a message saying that there was no file by that name; should it delete the catalog entry? I said "yes" and lived happily ever after.

There is a log file in the catalog that gives error messages that might have made it easier, but I had forgotten that.

SeRi@lDiE
2007-03-17, 09:44
use apt-get to remove it...
Is on the How To sticky on the General forum..

maxilogan
2007-03-21, 15:28
use apt-get to remove it...
Is on the How To sticky on the General forum..

I tried to do apt-get remove obscura but get the following message:

"You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
osso-clock-ui: Depends: osso-clock-widget (>=0.1.4) but it is not installable
E: unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution)."

What should I do? The final goal is to unistall Obscura to unistall Python 2.4, then install Python 2.5 and install Obscura again (I want to try Bergie's script wikipedia2poi tha needs Python 2.5)

maxilogan
2007-03-23, 09:15
I tried to do apt-get remove obscura but get the following message:

"You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
osso-clock-ui: Depends: osso-clock-widget (>=0.1.4) but it is not installable
E: unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution)."

What should I do? The final goal is to unistall Obscura to unistall Python 2.4, then install Python 2.5 and install Obscura again (I want to try Bergie's script wikipedia2poi tha needs Python 2.5)

Anyone that will help me solving this..?

mallard
2007-03-23, 10:41
Anyone that will help me solving this..?

'apt-get -f install' possibly?

maxilogan
2007-03-23, 11:17
'apt-get -f install' possibly?

Well, of course it didn't work...

And, I just figured out I'm writing in the wrong section since I answered to another post, but I got OS2006 on the 770 :confused: