PDA

View Full Version : Usability suggestion/request

fpp
2007-03-23, 11:50
Reggie,

I don't how easy (or not) it is to tinker with the VBulletin user interface, but I'd like to suggest a small enhancement that would make ITT easier to use -- especially from the tablet, since minimo is now good enough that I tend to use the regular interface on the 770 instead of the mobile view.

This is what I'd like to see in the "New posts" view :

- the "Go to first new post" icon is way too small in dark mode. It's hard enough to pipoint on a real PC, and next to impossible on the tablet. It should be *at least* as big as the old one in classic mode...

- when that icon is present, whatever is beneath the thread title (generally the original poster's nick, for single-page threads) is not aligned with the thread title, but with the icon. It is irritating when I sometimes (well, frequently :-) click one pixel too low on that icon and actually activate the link to that poster's profile instead instead of the first unread post... if everything stayed aligned beneath the thread title, and the "new" icon had nothing below it like the others, that could not happen.

Thanks for anything you can do,
fp

Milhouse
2007-03-23, 12:25
- the "Go to first new post" icon is way too small in dark mode. It's hard enough to pipoint on a real PC, and next to impossible on the tablet. It should be *at least* as big as the old one in classic mode...

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned previously, and it definately gets my vote - the icon needs to be about double the current size in both dimensions.

Texrat
2007-03-23, 20:01
Icons are easy to change.