PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Data Connection Suddenly stops connecting at all, for no reason whatsoever. "Internet Connection Failed. Try Again?" Error...

BN900
2010-06-02, 01:08
Hello,

For the past few days I have been in a constant problem. A few days after I installed the official PR 1.2. and after it had been working brilliantly, all of a sudden my data connection stopped connecting at all. It tries connecting for a few seconds, and then says "Internet Connection Failed. Try Again?" Repeatedly. This also appeared to have started happening immediately after trying to use fMMS on PR 1.2, although I do not want to pretend to be certain of a link.

Eventually, the resolution was very simple.

Simply go to "Settings" > Internet Connections > [Choose your data connection from the list] > Next > and in "Access Point Name" as well as in the following settings, use data from these or similar pages:

http://www.flexispy.com/Mobile%20APN%20Setting%20to%20use%20GPRS.htm
http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=6669

Et Voila. Problem solved.

I think either fMMS or something I installed, or even something with the operator that made it more difficult for the phone to pull the APN data properly from the SIM card or deleted existing APN data stored on the phone, forcing them to be manually entered again.

I have seen many threads on the issue, and after I posted my problem, I got many Private Messages about the issue as well. Users who know me personally emailed or texted me even, so I figured out it was a common problem with what turned out to be a very straightforward answer. I thought one thread with the answer would do.

Note to Mods: If you feel this thread is redundant, feel free to delete it and post my post above where it feels necessary :)

I hope this helps

B.

EDIT: I have been up for 2 days straight! I mistakenly posted this to Meego/Harmattan instead of Fremantle/Maemo 5 :(! Sorry. Mods, feel free to move it where it belongs.

abill_uk
2010-06-02, 01:22
It would be good to know the "offending" apps lol

BN900
2010-06-02, 17:54
I am not sure and I do not want to speculate, but I think it was fMMS. It was the app after which the thing just broke down. Maybe something happened as it was trying to fetch the APN or something. I dunno.