PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

jcherepy
2007-04-01, 20:53
Fully half the apps I tried to install are shown "Not installable". The cause is missing libs. I tried putting in all of the repositories listed on http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationRepositories, but when I do the apps list will not update. I go through and disable them one at a time until the list updates. The main offender is Nokia Research Center Cambridge, MA, US, but there was one or two others. This is VERY frustrating for someone not well versed in Linux. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

konttori
2007-04-01, 21:22
Yeah. I hate that as well. I recon all repos should ALWAYS contain all the libs that applications in that repo use, that do not come distributed by both 770 and N800 by default.

Rocketman
2007-04-01, 23:01
There is a log option in application manager which will help you track down which repositories are down/having issues at the moment.

jcherepy
2007-04-01, 23:13
Oh, yeah, the log. All it tells me is that /usr/bin/dpkg-deb-f'/media/mmc1/install/claws-mail_2.8.1-5_armel-n800.deb'FAILED:libxau0

Big help!
Sorry, but it helps to vent.

Bill

Milhouse
2007-04-02, 00:17
Aha, could be the old libxau0 problem. A quick search of the forum (for libxau0) should help you fix that one. :)

jcherepy
2007-04-02, 01:00
Nope. I followed the instructions and I went through the list four (4) times and could not find libxau0. Maybe it's not part of the latest firmware? I think I'll ive up and go back to my old IPAQ.

Thanks anyway.

Bill

Milhouse
2007-04-02, 01:11
No problem, have fun with your iPAQ.

THX1138
2007-04-02, 04:20
Disable the INdT Games repository when you refresh your application list. That was the only that was causing refresh problems for me and I have all the repositories from the wiki plus a few others. Hope that helps.

NokNok770
2007-04-02, 04:58
Oh, yeah, the log. All it tells me is that /usr/bin/dpkg-deb-f'/media/mmc1/install/claws-mail_2.8.1-5_armel-n800.deb'FAILED:libxau0

Big help!
Sorry, but it helps to vent.

Bill

I had the same problem trying to install claws mail. Missing libxau0. To solve this problem, enable red pill mode. This will list practically all needed libraries, all you have to do is scroll down until you see the missing libaries and install it manually. I've don'e the work for you so follow the instruction below. Clear out your log regularly and look at your log it will tell you what you are missing. Very helpful.

1. Add the repository below.

Web Address: http://repository.maemo.org/
Distribution: bora
Components: free non-free

2. Switch the application manager to "red pill mode." To do this go back into application manager>tools>application catalog. Select "new" to create a new catalog. Remove all the text, and where it says Distribution, enter the word "matrix" without the quote. Then click on cancel. It will ask you red pill or blue pill. Choose the red pill.

3. Go back, update, and browse your application and you should see your needed library libxau0. Not to mention many other.

After installing this package you can switch the Application Manager back to "blue pill" mode if you want by following step 2 and choosing the blue pill.

Texrat
2007-04-02, 14:49
That's what makes this forum great: people like NokNok stepping up to offer detailed help to frustrated new users.

:)

jcherepy
2007-04-02, 21:27
1. Add the repository below.

Web Address: http://repository.maemo.org/
Distribution: bora
Components: free non-free

Thanks. It did turn out to be a repository problem I had the same except I had "Extras" in the path. I now have Claws mail installed.

Bill