PDA

View Full Version : N800 Screen Protector - Martin Fields?

russ
2007-04-02, 10:14
Has anyone tried the Martin Fields screen protector designed for the Nokia 770 on the 800?

Surely there should be no problem?

The Martin Fields protectors get a lot of good press and I know several people at work who swear by them...I think this would be my preferred screen protection IF it fitted...

Keyser.Soze
2007-04-02, 15:42
I actually don't know Martin Fields have a protector for the 770 but I used one of their protectors designed for the PSP. I had to cut it a bit as it was a couple of mm's wider than the N800 screen.

I have been using Martin Fields OverlayPlus protectors on all my gadgets since I bought one for my Treo 650 two years ago. Now I use it for my DSLR, my cell phones. They are the best I have used. Almost like a brand new screen with no degration of the original LCD. For a screen like the N800's where pixel desity is so high, using a sub-par protector will definitely degrage the user experience. I highly recommend the Martin Fields. No connections, just a very satisfied customer. :)

Edit: I just checked their site again and indeed they have a protector for the 770 there. I guess that's the one to go!

russ
2007-04-02, 15:47
Thanks for the reply...

Oddly, when I emailed about the Martin Fields overlay for a 770 to a company called "overlayplus" asking if there was any reason I couldn't use the 770 screen protector on the 800, they replied saying they currently didn't have a specific protector for the 800 but if I emailed them the screen size they would advise of an appropriate match or potentially create one on an ad-hoc basis for me.

This kinda surprised me because I thought the 770 and 800 had the same physical screen size and therefore expected them to just reply and say the 770 one would be fine...

Seems weird to me!!

phi
2007-04-02, 15:48
I have a brando super clear one on my 770 and its great. Probably the same quality as the martin fields one.

esame
2007-04-14, 11:01
Can anyone tell me the screen size of N800 in milimetres. All I can find from the internet is the size in pixel, I don't know how to convert pixels into mm, this I don't have an idea how big/small the screen is. Please help me out.

artkavanagh
2007-04-14, 13:58
Can anyone tell me the screen size of N800 in milimetres. All I can find from the internet is the size in pixel, I don't know how to convert pixels into mm, this I don't have an idea how big/small the screen is. Please help me out.

The screen is approximately 90 × 55 mm (just over 10.5 cm diagonally), give or take a millimetre. Because of the high resolution, it's very clear and readable, despite being so small. There isn't a way of converting pixels into mm: it depends on the screen. There are screens on UMPCs that measure 178 mm diagonally but have the same number of pixels as the N800.

I hope this helps.

esame
2007-04-16, 15:22
Thanks art, I now have a clearer picture of how big the screen will be.

luketoh
2007-04-16, 16:53
http://shop.brando.com.hk/ultraclearscreenprotector.php

I use this one from Brando. Works really well. Get the N770 one which fits the N800.

cincnorad
2007-04-18, 00:21
Are the screen dimensions (in mm) for the 800 and 770 identical?