PDA

View Full Version : MeeGo mobile phone / PC in one

elleberth
2010-06-11, 21:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWAUqkU45hw&feature=player_embedded#!

on minute 4 of this video you can see Nokia N8 conected to TV via HDMI and... PC like coursor moving and replacing a touch to operaste the system

pertsonally I believe it should be a future of maemo
- on the go - you have an ultra mobile device / a phone
- at work or at home you put it into docking station conected to a monitor, keybord and mouse and you have fully functional PC

so you have all your data allways with you without a need of mooving them around

perhaps not with first iteration of MeeGo but later ???

elleberth
2010-06-16, 20:21
this is a must feature for maemo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AZh1X2Vj_0&feature=player_embedded

you connnect monitor or TV + mouse + keyboard and you have a PC - just amazing

imperiallight
2010-06-16, 20:35
This was a no brainer with the n900...

but why go forwards or even stay the same when you can go backwards

johnel
2010-06-16, 20:38
I actually thought I could do this when I bought the N900 and was disappointed that I couldn't.

With the right software the n900 can do this too.

elleberth
2010-06-16, 20:42
1.) TV out on N900 is far too weak in terms of resolution'

2.) for me on MeeGo it should be a "standard" feature (not something you need to "break into" to get) - it would make a real difference Vs other smartphones - you would have a trully functional computer with all the data allways with you

in the "light" version:
you can imagine to have a docking station connected to a TV

so ... you come back from i.e. your holidays
put N8 on a docking station
N8 automatically connect to keyboard and a mouse vis bluetoooth

and you show your family your vidoes and photos, then you putthem on the internet

and when you go to prepare some drinks your children play bounce or need for speed

in the "full" version
you can imagine to go to job put the device on a docking station and use open word excell etc

going back from your job in a metro you can improve you work and finish it at home on the same device

the concept is just amazing !!!

tso
2010-06-21, 05:58
sad thing is, people envisioned this back with the 770, and some played around with getting it working on the N800 and N810 using usb/vga dongles. Its like nokia uses the maemo people as unpayed brainstormers.

elleberth
2010-06-21, 16:17
"Its like nokia uses the maemo people as unpayed brainstormers."

I have no issue with that
I just would like Nokia to use that "brainstorm" output properly (not half baked)