PDA

View Full Version : N800 memory card stuck in bottom slot

bobbkin
2007-04-05, 16:08
Got my N800 at CompUSA which has since closed down in my area. I put my memory card in bottom slot and now I can't get it out. Never had this problem before on any of my other handheld computers. I tried a toothpick, paper clip and small nail file to try and release it but nothing has worked. Has anyone had the same trouble or know how I can get the memory card ejected out of the slot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob
Columbus, Ohio

euchreprof
2007-04-05, 16:22
Tweezers. (Pull it out)

brendan
2007-04-05, 16:27
the slot is not a "push to release" catch. you can simply use a fingernail or other to pull the card out.

Adam_n800
2007-04-05, 18:21
.Hold the n800 with screen facing you
.Turn it over so that the slot to the left corner and the stylus slot is to the left aswell
. Open the plastic catch of the slot
. Use your index finger nail to push down on the tip of the card and the slide your finger inwards (towards you) but still pushing down with slight pressure

and it should BE FREE! :D

Although I never recommend using any sort of tools to get Memory cards out, firstly metal on metal is very bad as it scatches and also may create a magnetic spark which could scramble the data on the card. Happened many times before!

bobbkin
2007-04-06, 11:56
Gee thanks for all the helpful tips. This problem has really been bugging me. I will try your tips and let you know if I am successful. My main problem is that my fingernails are cut really short and can't get my finger in that little bitty slot. Have a great Easter!!!!

Bob
Columbus, Ohio

mobiledivide
2007-04-06, 16:30
The card really is not that hard to get out, I thought the same thing you did myself and then discovered there is a little lip right on the edge that anything with an edge such as a fingernail, coin or paperclip will easily be able to catch onto and slide it out. I actually almost prefer this, in my E70 there is a spring load mechanism for the MiniSD and I have had a card almost fly out the window while changing the card in a car!

bobbkin
2007-04-07, 23:26
I finally got my memory card out of the bottom slot of my Nokia N800 after I found the lip of the card and scooted it out. Now I feel a lot better about my N800. I want to thank you guys for the excellent suggestions so I don't have to go to a service technician at a computer store now. These forums are so informative and can save you a lot of money in the long run. This forum is GREAT!!!!!

Bob
Columbus, Ohio