PDA

View Full Version : How to stop images appearing in "Photos" app?

kingoddball
2010-06-20, 00:53
Hi,

Is there a way to stop a folder being scanned by Photos?
I have a folder "SlideME" (from android dual boot) which has toward 300 little icon which are appearing in my Photo's app and clogging it up.
I don't want to delete the folder.

Thanks!

FifthFreedom
2010-06-20, 00:58
Hi,

I have a folder "SlideME" (from android dual boot) which has toward 300 little icon which are appearing in my Photo's app and clogging it up.

Thanks!

Somebody suggested a while ago that the temporary folders are not indexed by default.

Therefore, if you put your folder inside "Temp" then the icons should not appear.

HtheB
2010-06-20, 01:22
Somebody suggested a while ago that the temporary folders are not indexed by default.

Therefore, if you put your folder inside "Temp" then the icons should not appear.

He can't move or rename the folder since SlideMe will be using it...
Or else SlideMe will make new icons AGAIN....

sandyh2001in
2010-06-20, 01:27
create a folder named Private and keep those images there

rustler
2010-06-20, 01:50
Hi,

Thanks!

I believe you are looking for 'tracker-cfg' from the app manager, under system. I don't know what repository it is in.
It allows you to configure the media tracker and the directories it catalogs.
Take care.

arnest
2010-06-20, 02:38
Where can I find information how to use "Tracker-cfg" to make sure images are not shown in my photos?

stlpaul
2010-06-20, 02:55
Where can I find information how to use "Tracker-cfg" to make sure images are not shown in my photos?

Click on "NoWatchDirectory" and add the paths you don't want to be indexed. It is recursive so you only need to add the highest level directory.

stlpaul
2010-06-20, 03:00
Oh, and you may need to rebuild tracker databae after making the change.

arnest
2010-06-20, 03:49
Click on "NoWatchDirectory" and add the paths you don't want to be indexed. It is recursive so you only need to add the highest level directory.

I added /home/user/MyDocs/.images to the list. But I am not sure it helps since the directory was empty.
The problem is I don't know how find where this images are stored. Many of them are actually from themes. Any tip?

arnest
2010-06-20, 03:50
How do I rebuild tracker database?
Sorry stupid question I find it.

jedi
2010-06-21, 08:46
# tracker-processes --hard-reset

Neegs
2010-06-21, 11:42
create a folder named Private and keep those images there

This works for me. Very easy to do