PDA

View Full Version : Mobilicity - Unable to Send SMS

altorn
2010-06-21, 19:12
Hello.

This problem arose today after I purchased a SIM(and service) from this new provider called Mobilicity. I got this Unlimited everything plan, including text. I was using Wind Mobile previously and SMS messaging was flawless.

So I snapped in my new SIM card. Booted up my N900 and tried the 3G. It worked fine. I received messages from Mobilicity about my account activated. I tried calling my Rogers phone. It worked fine. I used my Rogers phone to call my new Mobilicity phone (N900). It worked fine..

The problem is: I am able to receive messages, but I am unable to send.. For the SMS center, I called the company and they gave me a number as a SMS center. I used that in the Settings in my Conversations app.

I rebooted and tried to send another message. It worked. I waited 10 mins, and tried sending a message again. It didn't work... I rebooted and tried to send another message, it worked again. I tried to send another message, it didn't work again.

I did the reboot and send procedure 8 times but same thing happens, only 1 SMS can be sent and I need to reboot before being able to send another. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my N900 or the service itself.

What I'm asking now is, has anyone experienced this problem? If so have you solved it and how did you solve it?

Thanks a lot!

HellFlyer
2010-06-21, 19:16
Looks like its a problem with Operator itself and its no surprise since they just came to the market. Try installing that SIM into different phone and see if it works.

I also want to switch to Wind or Mobilicity , what's wrong with Wind why you switched ?

altorn
2010-06-21, 19:23
I use international text INTENSIVELY. my GF is in the philippines and texting is a quick way to communicate.

With wind, I have to pay 80 per month plus charges of international SMS.

WIND is good and all, but I have to pay 0.15 per message.

I wanted to try Unlimited International Text by Mobilicity so I tried to switch.

HellFlyer
2010-06-21, 19:36
Haha almost same story here bro :) so for international texts Mobilicty supposed to be better but its not yet... maybe they have issues with operators in Philippines ?

my current Rogers plan includes 250 texts for 10$ which is good but everything else SUCKS! cant wait for my contract to be over :D

altorn
2010-06-21, 20:02
No, i tried sending to my gf's number after a reboot, and it was sent. then sending another message, it stopped working.

Update: My rogers phone received a couple more messages I sent an hour ago. It must've been delayed. But both my n900 and my rogers phone are beside my right now.