PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at dialog box on boot/startup...

gRagib
2010-06-22, 11:23
My N900 went a few days without any power. The battery is now fully charged. When I power it up, either of two things happen:
1. Alarms missed over the past few days start ringing, or
2. I get a box asking if I want to exit offline mode. (The N900 was in offline mode the last time I used it.)

After rebooting, the touchscreen does not respond, and in the background, I can see the scrolling dots that you see momentarily when booting the device. The touchscreen was working fine the last time I used the phone. Also, pressing the power button does not bring up the menu.

It looks like it is stuck in limbo. I have taken the battery out and rebooted the device at least 12 times in the last five hours. The last time, I left it sitting for 30 minutes after power up and came back to see no difference. It's not booting completely for some reason.

Is there a solution to this that does not involve wiping the device?

Thanks.

PS: I apologize in advance if this question has been answered before. I searched the forums before asking. kthanxbye.

pantera1989
2010-06-22, 11:31
Before reflashing try:

1. Removing the battery for a minute or so and then try booting.
2. Remove the SIM card and try to boot it.
3. Try to boot it with the USB cable inserted.

gRagib
2010-06-22, 11:58
Thanks. Those are the exact things I have been trying for the past few hours without any luck. Same results. :(

pantera1989
2010-06-22, 19:17
Try reflashing using flasher-3.5. If you didn't backup you will lose your applications but not the files in MyDocs (photos and videos).

Here are some instructions. Flashing the eMMC will format MyDocs too so only use FIASCO (firmware).

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

alelrawy
2012-09-10, 14:28
Thanks. Those are the exact things I have been trying for the past few hours without any luck. Same results. :(

I have the same issue, did you fix it ? if yes, please let me know how ?

sixwheeledbeast
2012-09-10, 16:36
Did you try everything above?
What have you tried?

alelrawy
2012-09-15, 12:59
Did you try everything above?
What have you tried?

I tried the following

- Removing the battery for a minute or so and then try booting.
- Remove the SIM card and try to boot it.
- Try to boot it with the USB cable inserted.