PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to silence alarms?

Manul
2010-06-24, 16:39
I noticed that alarm sounds get played even when the 'silent' profile is selected and the system volume set to off.

I also found a boolean key "clock.alarm.enabled" in the profiled settings that seems to be turned to "On" by default for the silent profile, but even setting this to "Off" didn't prevent the alarm sound from playing.

So, is there any way to silence alarms or do I have to go through all of them and disable those that might come up during, e.g., a meeting?

ndi
2010-06-24, 16:47
If in a meeting, alarms light up before making noise. In that case, flip the phone face down to silence alarm/ringtone/etc.

Alarms are on by default mainly because loads of people set silent for the night, but still want to wake up in the morning.

I'm pretty sure you can lower the alarm volume in profile settings. You can have more than two profiles via Tweakr (I understand progress has been made in PR 1.2 but I never researched it). You can define a "really silent".

I used to have a very quiet profile in which vibration was disabled for wooden tables.

jukkar
2010-06-24, 18:34
You can create a silent alarm sound, or get one from here http://www.minidisc.org/charman/downloads.html