PDA

View Full Version : n900 vibrate for unknown reason once a while

jaderivan
2010-06-25, 19:42
hi guys idk why its happening
i did not installed anything. just used dsmetools cmd -t and -k for home-desktop
after reset it does a little vibrate every 10 or 15 min...
anyone knows what could be the reason?

crsnwby
2010-06-25, 20:43
you got an email

jaderivan
2010-06-25, 21:57
Not really.. without internet access

ndi
2010-06-25, 22:07
Well, does it vibrate when standing there? Is it locked? is it in use? Does the LED blink?

No such issues on a healthy N900.

dlenoir
2010-06-26, 00:38
Did you install the Pelota widget for the football (soccer) world cup? It vibrates when a team scores...

Took me 2 days to figure it out...

afaq
2010-06-26, 00:55
for me this happens when I forget to close the camera lens. do you have that notifier installed?

crsnwby
2010-06-26, 02:25
Not really.. without internet access

So yor not on the network at all... no cellular data?

Do you have, email account setup? Instant Messenger? Facebook? or any other app thet receives data?

Any one of these will make it vibrate... more information needed if you want help.

Swirnoff
2010-06-26, 02:36
Does it purr like a kitten when you rub it's belly?

Descalzo
2010-06-26, 03:47
Have you installed Shortcut Daemon? It took me a while to figure out I was holding my hand over the proximity sensor.

gtessier00
2010-06-26, 05:40
hi there.
you probably installed call notify? it does that!

ndi
2010-06-27, 18:31
He did say no installed apps and no internet access.

jaderivan
2010-06-29, 12:18
Well..
Its really very strange.. I have internet access, but I just enable it when I need to use.

When its happening:

- No internet connections
- Camera lens closed
- Not in use
- I dont have missed calls.
- I dont have new apointments or e-mails.
- No apps running in background.

I really cant find what its doing this, because even when I have it in hands, sometimes it vibrates and I look to desktop, not different thing is showing nor signal loss, nothing!

Someone knows if Battery app makes it? Because I think this thing started after I have installed it, but even uninstaling it the problem persists.

x61
2010-06-29, 12:21
Very handy in the bedroom..:D

ndi
2010-06-29, 16:20
Ok, final quiz: :)

a) is it a short, very short vibrate, or is it a longer one? By short, I mean the kind of vibration you get when you tap the screen.

b) Does it happen if you disable vibration? It should be disabled in profile settings (both profiles) and the vibration on tap (haptic feedback)

c) Did it happen just after reflash or did you install ANYTHING? It could be worth reflashing completely (root + home) and just wait an hour to see.

d) If all the above are misses, you're down to system logger and kernel logger. Wiki entries describe how to install them, and make a dump. With that dump you can be helped (not by me, though), people around here can tell you if it's a software problem or a hardware issue via the log. One that has been established, you can be directed to a Nokia Care Center or to Bugzilla, depending on the nature of you problem. Neither accept ambiguity, so this is a necessary step.

Try A through C first, it's a lot less hassle.

Good luck.

x-rated
2010-06-30, 08:54
You could try leaving dbus-monitor running in background and check the output when you notice the vibrate:
1. Start X-Term from the app menu (or wherever)
2. Type "dbus-monitor<enter>"
3. Minimize it and do whatever you like until you notice the strange vibration
4. From dashboard open the X-Term
5. Ctrl+c to stop monitoring
6. Scroll up to look at the entres above and try to see if some of them look like your vibration thingy. Could be something about "notification" for example.

BTW, You can get more readable output from dbus-monitor by adding line feeds before every line not starting by space:
dbus_monitor|sed "s/^\([^ ]\)/\n\1/"

jaderivan
2010-06-30, 13:41
Well.. the problem was callnotify!
This app even without any loose calls kept vibrating the phone..

I did not realize before because it was working normal and i thought that was another problem.

Sorry guys and thanks for help!